29 November 2011

A Texas Thanksgiving.

Man, oh man!!  I can't believe the Thanksgiving Holidays have come and gone.  It flew by for us and we had a great time in Texas.

We flew out on Wednesday and were scheduled to come back on Saturday but had a little mishap and missed our flight.  :(  We ended up driving almost four hours to Dallas to catch a flight on Sunday morning.


We made it though, and we were glad to be home!


I have been super busy since arriving back in NC..wanna know what I've been up to?


 
I got a new job at RBC Bank and today was my first day! (That's my first day of work outfit) We got back Sunday, I cleaned the house and ran errands all day yesterday and started my new job today. I feel like I haven't had time to relax after getting back from Texas! I am excited about this new adventure and am so thankful for the Lord's provision.  He provided me a new job that pays more, has full benefits, and that's hard to come by now in this horrible economy.  Praise Him!

But here is a recap of our time in Texas. I forgot my SLR camera and all of the photos are from my phone...not the best quality, but glad to have the memories captured, nontheless!
A few of us got up early Thanksgiving day and ran a 5k before we stuffed our bellies full of turkey..Crazy? Yes.  Fun? Just a little.  Considering the fact that I haven't ran in like 3 years, I was happy to finish. 
Hubby loves dogs.  That boy is seriously the man-version of me.  
We.
Love.
Animals.
And wherever we were, he found a furry friend.
Random funny story: On our way back from the race, all of the boys had to tinkle. So they decide to just relieve themselves in the woods.  
#youmightbearedneckif...
My brother and hubby.

This was the most exciting part of the holiday, in hubbies eyes. 
He got his first pair of cowboy boots.
He is now a real Texan.
and he looks darn good in them boots too.
My dad is on the far left, and those are all of his siblings! 
Four brothers and one sister! And his mom, in the middle.  
And here are all of my meme's grandchildren (minus two!)
Don't we have a huge family!  And here is hubby and my sweet cousin's sweet baby boy.  
He is so adorable!
I also got to spend a lot of time with my best friend since 4th grade! She is due in TWO WEEKS!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 Xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment