03 November 2011

Sweater Boot Socks!

This past weekend I did a little thrifting and bought a sweater for around $3.  I had a few ideas up my sleeve as to what I could do with it, and so I got to work!

First of all, I made a pair of sweater boot socks.  I have been eyeing some I saw at TJ Maxx for a couple weeks, but they were $15. I didn't really want to spend that much, so I made my own version instead.

Can't wait to wear them with a pair of jeans and a lovely scarf!

I also made a pillow out of the body of the sweater:

It makes such a great addition in the winter time. Makes my living room feel so much cozier! I plan on making a few in different colors.

It was so easy to make both of these projects!

For the boot socks, all I did was cut the arms off of the sweater. Then I sewed the end that I cut and Viola! Put them on.  Seriously, SUPER EASY.

For the pillow, I just measured my insert, added two inches to all sides and cut it out from the body of the sweater.  Then sewed the sides together and VIOLA!

Now go and repurpose your old sweaters, or buy some really cheap ones from the thrift store!

Linking up here!

Xoxo,

8 comments:

  1. How crafty are you! Love your cute boot socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with that pillow! Have you ever thought of starting an Etsy shop? You have the best ideas and I know those pillows would sell like crazy! I know I'd buy one! If only I could sew.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pillow is fantastic. what a great way to turn an old thrift shop find into something amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah I want those socks! Just found you via Tater Tots & Jello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these....I keep seeing them pop over over blogland. I think it's about time I make some for myself! Nice job :) I would love for you to link up to my diy fashion linky! It's called DIY Diva Thursdays and we party every TH-M :) Hope to see you!

    Visiting from TT&J

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sock idea, must try that! Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.licklepickle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete