29 June 2010

Oh, summer time...

Another Georgia thunderstorm has hit us...if only we had a front porch!! Seth and I would definately be out there listening and watching the rain.

Poor Penny..every time there is a thunderstorm, she HATES it and runs into the living room, jumps on the couch, and sticks her head in the cushion. She doesn't even pay attention to the ceiling fan! Thunderstorms scare her more than ceiling fans...

We are officially Georgia residents now! We have a permanent residence, a bank, AND our new licenses!! It took us only ten minutes to get them today-that should EXTREMELY surprise you because everyone knows how awful the DMV is..well Georgia did something right because it took no time at all! The next step for us is to add my name to our bank account and I think all the logistical stuff is finished! Yipee!

Seth and I have been running across the country every single weekend, dragging Penny with us when we can, and hoping Huey doesn't get too lonely in our house..we are SOOOO glad we got Penny when we did. She is such a joy to have in our house and we love her more each day! I know, I know...you're thinking "Kait, she is a DOG" but let's face it..Seth and I think of her as our child. We love her so much!

Every evening when the Georgia heat decides to hide a bit, we take her to the dog park. It's called Wiggly Field and it's just a big ol' fenced in grass land. At first Penny was scared to go in there because of all the other dogs, but now she loves it. She will run around and dart at us like she wants to play! She gets so excited and loves playing with the other dogs. No one would ever guess she is 8 years old (56 in human years!) She looks and acts like she is about 3.

Huey is doing well..he has fleas though. :( We bathed him and I still found a couple. Another bath is in the making...poor kitty. We are taking him to Four Seasons Pet Resort on Saturday before we head to the beach..I hope he likes it there. He and Penny are getting a long a lot better now..they sometimes get about two feet apart and neither of them gets upset!

Seth is still in the process of looking for a job...Athens is pretty dry in that area. I hope some doors open really soon. Let's cross our fingers!

One of the highlights of my week was when Seth and I drove back from Charlotte on Sunday afternoon..if you know Seth at all, music is something he LOVES while driving in the car. Well this time, we both talked and dreamed the WHOLE way home (over three hours) and it was so much fun. We talked about where we want to be in ten or fifteen years, what kind of house we want, what we want for our children...etc. It was great and I am SO glad I have many years to share with Seth. He is such a blessing in my life and the Lord keeps showering us with more. I'm so thankful for the laughter, love, and stability that Seth gives me. Here are some random things we want in our future:

1. 5 dogs and 5 cats... yeah, I know that sounds crazy, but we want a big house with lots of land and they can run around all day. :)
2. A big garden. I want to be able to cook with homemade veggies, fruits, herbs..etc.
3. We want our home to be the hang-out place for our kids. I want to cook dinner for them and 5 friends on any given night. I want kids to be at our house until the wee hours of the morning on the weekends...(although i could change my mind later on..ha!) we want to be the "cool parents".
4. I want a 6 burner stove, double ovens, ice machine that makes Sonic ice, and a 60 wine bottle refrigerator.
5. Hydrangeas in our front yard..blue, pink, purple, white...mmm i love those flowers.

This weekend we are driving to Emerald Isle, NC to spend a week at the beach with Seth's family. Kim's birthday is July 3 and we will probably do something festive for the 4th. Penny is coming with us, and we can't wait to see how she likes the ocean! I am ready for some sun, sand, and seafood! Throughout the week, I will post some photos of our time at the beach..it should be a blast!!

I hope a great week awaits you!

-Kait Jones

Here is a photo of my best friend, Alli's bachelorette party! It was a great time in downtown Charlotte!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SONIC ICE.
    I can't wait to visit.
    I love you!! :)
    -Alli

    ReplyDelete