26 February 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap!

Y'all.

I am never going to buy laundry soap ever again.  

okay that's probably a lie, but I made my own laundry soap this past weekend and I am SOLD! I already love this stuff. 

I made 25 pounds of it so I better love it, right?

If you'd like to learn how to make your own, here is where is what you'll need:

1. Borax
2. Fels-Naptha Soap
3. Water
4. Washing Soda

That's all!!!!

For instructions, I used this wonderful website:  "One Good Thing" by Jilee.  Click on the name to get instructions!  

While you're at it, just browse around if you have the time...she has so many great homemade recipes for everyday items!  I have a list of things I want to make now!





Good luck and let me know if you make your own or are planning on doing it!


Gotta go wash some clothes now! Xoxo,


Kait

 

1 comment:

  1. Kara Eich-RichardsonFebruary 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

    Kaitlin,
    We make our laundry soap the same way. It is great for Missy's sensitive skin. My one piece of advice, is think about getting a big bucket (like a 3 gallon) to keep it in. It settles out really fast, and you don't get a good wash unless it is mixed up good. We just keep a paint mixing stick in the bucket, mix it up, and use between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of soap! Happy Washing!

    ReplyDelete