24 January 2013

12 weeks {revisited}

Yep, I am 12 weeks pregnant again this week!  No, I am not losing my mind!  At my last appointment in December, my doctor told me I was measuring a little behind (meaning she might change my due date to August) and sure enough, this appointment, she did change my due date.  I was measuring 12 weeks and not 13 like I thought...so here we are again!  12 weeks pregnant for the second time (not really) but you get it.
 
I was bummed because no one wants to be told you'll have to be pregnant for another week longer ESPECIALLY in August when it'll be 1059 degrees outside...but hey, that's okay.  I have a healthy growing baby!  I am thankful and so blessed to be carrying this sweet little peach.  
 
So my new due date is....  AUGUST 9th!     I went into the appointment thinking I would only hear the heartbeat and got an ultrasound instead! I was okay with it...it was sooooo great to see my sweet little babe.  And he/she was kicking and flipping like crazy! Can we say showoff? ;)


 Can you see his/her arms and legs?  SO COOL!  

Here's a 12 week update!



A little bitty bump... :)
 
 
how far along?  12 weeks today!
how are you measuring? Right on schedule now...after a due date change.  Had my appointment yesterday and she said everything looked gorgeous!
size of baby? A passion fruit/ large plum
heartbeat? 170 bpm...maybe it's a girl!
total weight gain/loss? Still under my pre-pregnancy weight, but the good news is I am not losing anymore!
maternity clothes? I'm still wearing my normal clothes..although I did wear a pair of maternity dress pants just because and those things are SO COMFY!  I might bust them out again even though I don't really need to..
stretch marks? No
sleep? Sleeping okay...I do have to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  And that get's on my NERVES!  I have never had to do that until now. 
best moment this week? Seeing the baby yesterday and getting a great report at the doctor. ALSO, I made my next appointment for the end of next month and she told me it could be THE one where we find out the gender! YYYAYAYYAYAY!  And my grandfather (in-law) showed up at my work yesterday with a vase of three GORGEOUS roses for me.  It was "just because".   I wanted to cry!! That was one of the sweetest things I've ever gotten!  AND not even thirty minutes later, I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered that said "Happy 2nd trimester, momma!" (this was before doc moved my due date back) and those were from hubby.  I. am. so. lucky.  <3 span="">
movement? I'm not feeling anything yet.
food cravings? Dr. Pepper, bagels, MILK all the time.
gender predictions? I have a feeling it's going to be a girl.
what i miss: Sleeping on my stomach, feeling 100% normal, and turkey sandwiches.
what i'm looking forward to: Being out of the first trimester!  I hope the 2nd is a little nicer to me than the 1st has been! And picking out nursery ideas and colors...
how are you feeling? Still on the upside as far as nausea goes...I do still get sick sometimes, but usually eating something helps.. 



Here are the flowers hubby had delivered to work: <33 br="">


 And here are the roses hubby's grandpa gave to me! I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws.



We love you so much, little baby!  Xoxo

-Kait

3 comments:

  1. So sweet that your hubby and grandpa in law got you flowers! Love the little bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing discussion is worth comment. There's no doubt that that you ought to write more on this subject matter, it may not be a taboo subject but usually folks don't talk about these subjects.
    To the next! Best wishes!!
    My homepage - motivational speakers South Africa

    ReplyDelete