31 August 2015

My first Maternity Stitch Fix Box

I believe it's been a while since I posted a Stitch Fix box! I kind of took a little break when I was in my first trimester because basically, I could barely get off the couch.  Hashtag SICK.  But now that I'm feeling a little better, I was so excited to get my first maternity box! SF started carrying maternity clothing a few months ago and I am so excited to show you what I got.

What is Stitch Fix? Stitch Fix is an online personal stylist-  
You create an online profile.
You get five hand picked items.
Keep what you love, send back what you don't..
You sign up here and pay $20 a month to have someone pick out five pieces of clothing for you that gets mailed to your door!  The bonus is if you keep any items, you get to put the $20 styling fee towards your clothing.  
 
You can pick your price points (I chose "The cheapest option" and then they'll send you items for you to try on at home, and you return them in three days(in a prepaid envelope).  If you like all the items, you can get  25% your whole order!



So before I show you what I got this month , don't mind the dirty mirror, bare feet, or toddler photobombs. And there's a few blurry pictures as well.  I guess I just didn't really care that much..or maybe my toddler was about to jump off the bed headfirst. I can't remember.

Here's what I got in my box this month:

1. Loveappella Maternity Alfonso Off Shoulder Maternity Top



This top I was not really a fan of.  I don't care for off the shoulder tops and the stripes just weren't that flattering on me.  And hello 13 week bump...you came out a lot earlier than last time!   SENT BACK

 2.  41 Hawthorn Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse






This one was cute, but just didn't fit me as well as I'd hoped. It was pretty big on me already and since it's not "maternity" wear, I wanted to be able to wear it after pregnancy. But the sleeves were supposed to be 3/4 and they were almost long sleeves on me and it was just super long. This would be a great staple for a fall wardrobe though. Sadly, I didn't keep.  SENT BACK


3. Stitch Fix 3 Pack Maternity Cami




now these. these are the bomb.  LONG for when the belly gets quite large so it'll cover everything and super comfy.  That's all I needed to keep them!  They came in a 3 pack of nude, black and white. I've already worn them all. Great for underneath clothing as well as by themselves with a cardigan or jacket.  And there's a toddler photobomb.


4. Loveappella Maternity Greta Dress








 Can you say bootylicious?  Yeah, this dress was a LITTLE too form fitting for me...my bump was large and in charge, on both sides of my body.  So although it was cute, it was too tight for comfort.  And at almost $70, I would have rather seen a fun print than just a plain black dress. Although it's a great staple, I didn't keep it.  SENT BACK.

5. Eight Sixty Maternity Gabre Maternity Dress








Now this is one of those that I tried on millions of times and TRIED so hard to convince myself to keep it.  It was SO comfortable, has no zippers or buttons, slips right on over the head and was super cute.  I love eyelet dresses and this was adorable.  The back was scoop neck which I loved too. But it was almost $100 and I just could not bring myself to spend that on one dress...and a dress that I'd only be wearing for another 6 months.  :( Sad day.  SENT BACK.


So overall, I kept the 3 pack of camis, but I was happy with my first box! Lots of variety and cute stuff! I asked for a couple cardigans to wear with skinnies and a new handbag this next time.  Let's hope my awesome stylist delivers! (Which she most of the time always does!)

Want to try out Stitch Fix for yourself?  Click here to sign up and let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

  1. You are so adorable!!! I was hoping you would do maternity stitchfix! Those camis sound awesome! Nice fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When shopping, search for comparable shading families than can be effectively blended and coordinated and are layer inviting. Tanks and camis make a brilliant first layer as they are agreeable and include a light layer of warmth.pregnancy

    ReplyDelete