23 October 2011

Happiness.

During the week, it's easy for me to forget about the small things that make me happy. I get caught up in the business of my week, cleaning house, working, doing this and that, worrying about things that I can't control..it can really weigh me down. 

It's time to focus on the things that make me happy!  
For example:


Huey cat purring so loud I can hear him from the other side of the room.



Wearing sweatpants.
A warm pot of taco soup simmering on the stove.
Cuddle time with my husband.
Watching Modern Family on Wednesdays.
Seeing Penny play in the yard.



Sitting on the porch in the fall weather.
A nice, hot shower.
Getting up one minute before the alarm goes off.
Sweet text messages from my husband.
Lunch dates downtown.
Fresh honeycrisp apples from the Farmer's Market.
Finding great deals at a garage sale.
Sunflowers from Trader Joe's.
Oranges and cinnamon potporri over the stove.
Freshly painted fingernails.
Reading my bible.
Hugs from friends.
Coffee.
Tall boots.
Sweet tea in mason jars.


The ability to worship God freely and openly.
Laughter.
Community, friendship, fellowship.

This week my goal is to forget about circumstances that I can't control and focus on the blessings and wonderful things in my life.  
Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful list! It's always great to remember the little things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. It's important to remember the little things that make your life special. :)

    ReplyDelete