27 October 2011

Streusal-Topped pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

I am not sure y'all understand my love for fall.  More importantly, my love for PUMPKIN.  Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, I love it all. And I found a great recipe to share tonight.  It was yummy to my tummy!



I took all of the photos with my iPhone, so the quality is not great..but I couldn't find my camera! I think it's underneath the gigantic pile of unfolded laundry.  Go figure.

STREUSAL-TOPPED PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

Ingrediants for the muffins:

1 Duncan Hines spice cake mix
1 15-oz. can pumpkin
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 12-ounce package chocolate chips

Ingrediants for the streusal:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons butter

Pictured above are only two eggs.  Please note that you will need THREE. (Also, I didn't edit the photos..which explains the Macbook in the photo..oh well!)

Directions:

Ignore the directions on the box. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.


In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, sour cream oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on low for 30 seconds or until all the ingredients have been moistened, then beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is smooth. Mix in the chocolate chips.





































Divide the batter evenly in the cupcake liners. Whisk together the flour, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, then cut in the butter with two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the batter.

Bake the muffins for 20-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out completely clean.

Cool on a wire rack before serving. Makes 24 muffins.





 

These turned out really yummy, but I hope to make lots of different kinds of pumpkin muffins so I can find my absolute favorite! 

Happy Eating!

{Recipe taken from here}

1 comment: