17 November 2014

Am I actually living up to my blog name?


HAHA! I did a DIY project this past week.  Get. out. of. here. 

Way back when, before the day of children, I used to be the DIY queen.  Well I decided to channel my inner passion and get with the program. 

I made some shelves for our dining area.

 And I just realized this is the very first photo of our new place...maybe I'll do a tour soon.. or maybe not.  We will see.

But anyway, this is the dining area..to the right is the kitchen and then the living room is in front and to the left. 

So yeah, pretty boring....

I went to Home Depot and bought a 1X10X12 board that was on clearance for 70% off.  $6 for the whole thing. Boo yeah.

Then i bought some L brackets, screws, and stain.  That's all! :)








Pretty much love it. 

Make a huge difference...and NOW i can hang stockings from the bottom shelf.. not having a mantle is killing me..but now I have this to decorate! 

Whatcha think? 

The total cost was around $35 for both shelves. 

Wood- $6
Brackets- $25
Stain- $4


Love the farmhouse feel it gives the room...sigh..one day I will have a farmhouse :)

1 comment:

  1. love these shelves! Your blog is so cute!!

    erinssharings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete