24 November 2014

Stitch FIx #7


This is only 2 weeks late...but that's the story of my life with a toddler. HA!  I can't seem to get caught up with housework, much less blogging.  One day it'll get better ( when I'm retired)

Anyway... my SEVENTH Stich Fix box arrived earlier this month! I am telling you, all the clothes I keep are the ones I wear ALL the time.  The first top I got in my first ever box, I wear at least 3 times a week.  No joke.  Money well spent.  I also got a gorgeous turquoise blouse that I wear a ton too. 

What's Stich Fix?  If you haven't heard by now, I'll explain.



What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is an online personal stylist-  
You create an online profile.
You get five hand picked items.
Keep what you love, send back what you don't..

You sign up here and pay $20 a month to have someone pick out five pieces of clothing for you that gets mailed to your door!  The bonus is if you keep any items, you get to put the $20 styling fee towards your clothing.  
 
You can pick your price points (I chose "The cheapest option" and then they'll send you items for you to try on at home, and you return them in three days(in a prepaid envelope).  If you like all the items, you can get  25% your whole order!


I love this service and look forward to what my stylist (Patrice) picks out for me every single time.  I seriously have not had ONE item that I didn't like at least a little bit.  


Here's what I got in my seventh box:

1.  Shara Houndstooth Printed Vest from Market and Spruce



Super cute, but just not me.  And it was quilted which made it seem a little too old for my taste.  #noffensemom  If I lived somewhere that wasn't 85 degrees year round (basically), I might have thought harder about keeping it, but it wasn't love.  RETURNED.

2.  Ernesto Circle Print Fitted Dress from 41 Hawthorn


This was a size Large.  How, i'm not sure because it would not even fit past my thighs.  Way to make me feel like a bus.

So here's a photo and I bet you can guess what happened to this one:  RETURNED



Super cute color and love the polka dots..but way too small.

3. Mya Plaid and Lace Button Up from Honey Punch


Now looking back at this, I wish I would have kept this shirt.  It was a little too big, but still super cute (and don't you love my dirty mirror??)  Beautiful colors and the softest fabric ever.  Plus, I loved the lace detail.  If you put ruffles or lace on anything, I'm gonna love it.  But sadly, since it was a little too big, I didn't keep it.  RETURNED

4.  Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jeans from Kut From the Kloth

Believe it or not, I asked for a pair of jeans in this fix.  And believe it or not, THEY FIT ME.  WoW..that's a Christmas miracle.  I have always love the look of boyfriend jeans, but never thought they looked good on me.  Well, Patrice nailed it.  I love these.  


I roll up the bottoms a tad, and they look great (or I think so). KEPT

5. Paul Colorblock Mixed Material Top from Market and Spruce

This top I loved from the box. And I loved it on too.  It's stretchy and thick and I like the colors.  However, it was $64 and I thought I could spend my money better elsewhere..so I didn't keep it.



The front of the top was a little short for my liking, but I loved how the back was longer.  Super cute...but not for the price (in my opinion)  RETURNED



So, overall I only kept on item but I still liked all the pieces.  


If you want to try Stitch Fix, click here!  I don't get paid for what I say, but I do get a credit towards my next box if you use my link.  And i love credits.  ;)

What do you think?  Should I have kept more than 1 item?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment