20 February 2011

Catchin' Up.

Goodness gracious, for the past few days I've been so so sleepy! I have slept in until like 10 am every morning (and that's late for me!) and it's only 9:00 at night and I'm ready to hit the sack again!

I don't know what is up with me.


So...in case you didn't know, the husband and I are taking two big trips in the next three weeks!

1) We are going to Key West this Friday! We are really excited-it's only for the weekend but I can't wait to get to warm weather, and the BEACH! I love the beach.  LOVEEEEE the beach.  I spent a summer working in Colorado in the gorgeous rocky mountains but nothing beats the smell of ocean water, the breeze and sand between your toes.

I guess I should tell you why we're going! My mom is getting MARRIED! I am so happy for her and can't wait to see her.  Since we live across the US from each other, it's always a treat to spend time with her.



That's where we 're staying.  Pretty fancy schmancy, huh?  ;)

I have heard Key West is SO neat, and I can't wait to experience it myself!

2) Just one week after we get back from there, we are going to FRANCE!  My brother lives there and we're going to spend a week with him and see the wonderful sights.  I've been twice before (my grandmother lives there as well for part of the year) and so we are staying at her house.  I can't wait to go again.  Have any of you ever been?  If so, what was your favorite part of your trip?  I am trying to get everything planned beforehand and wanted to see if you had any advice for us!  Both of the times I went, it was with my family and so of course, I didn't plan anything..and now that it's just going to be me and my husband, I am kind of scared since I have to plan it all myself!

So yes, we have quite a busy next couple of weeks!!

This past week was not only tough for me health-wise, but I also had to make a very hard decision regarding my job.  In the fall, my husband is attending law school.  Right now though, he works at Chick-fil-a. Well his hours have been cut and with me working part-time, we decided that I need to seek full-time employment.  I am currently looking for a full-time job now and am hoping and praying something comes through for me.  It was so tough to have to leave my part-time job because I really loved it, but this is the right decision for us financially at this time in our marriage. I'm praying hard for some doors to be opened!

On another note: I have a very exciting project in the works!!! And it involves this:




I found this old sewing machine table (without the sewing machine inside) for $15 at Goodwill.  It was more than I initially wanted to spend for the project I had in mind, but I liked the way it looked and so I decided to buy it.  If you know anything about Goodwill, it's that you better get what you want right when you see it or it'll be gone the next time you go back. I've learned that the hard way a few times too many.  So i snatched it up.

I have to wait a couple weeks for the project to be completed though because I have to get some items from my husband's parent's house.  :(  Once I figured out what I wanted to do with it, I realized that what I needed wasn't here! I was bummed, but I'll learn a good lesson in being patient.

I bet you're wondering what in the world I'm going to be getting from their house, now aren't you?! ;)

Let's just say that I will be painting it, but also adding something else to make it GREAT!

I am excited.

Well guys...it's time for me to go cuddle up in my bed with my fluffy furry cat. and husband.

Before I go, I wanted to let you know that in the next few days, I'm going to be making a video of wedding pictures from my wedding day to share with you.  I've had some requests to share our wedding day, and it got me soo excited to get on the ball with making a wedding video! Be on the lookout for that coming soon!  It was the best day of my life :)

Goodnight everyone!

-Kait

P.S. Remember that I'm having my first giveaway when I reach 100 followers! We're getting close, people! Keep those followers comin'!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those will be some amazing trips for you both! I will be interested to hear about the flights to and from Key West. Hubs and I have talked of going, but neither of us like to fly...and have heard it's a bit bumpy, for lack of better terms.

    Now following you for the BBC Book Club. Can't wait to discuss some Sense and Sensibility next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some really fun trips planned! What part of France are you visiting? My recommendation would be to eat as many croissants and ham and cheese sandwiches as possible (seriously they were some of the best meals I ate while there!) and to visit the Catacombs and Versailles if you've never been and are going to be in Paris!

    I love the sewing machine table! I actually had a dream last week I found one like that at a thrift store and when I brought it home there wasn't a machine inside but instead all of these vintage fabric and notions--weird dream but one that would be awesome if it came true!

    ReplyDelete