17 December 2013

Dear Winslow

Goodness Gracious!

TOMORROW you will be four months old.

Can that really be happening?  Were we not just at the hospital yesterday? 

I seriously look at you and cannot believe the little boy you are becoming.  You have such a big personality already- and you are also starting to become stubborn like your momma daddy! ;)  If you don't want to do something, you let us know RIGHT then. It's cute though.  You are now rolling over like crazy.  Seriously, the second I lay you on your playmat, you're rolled over looking at the world.  You LOVE to take everything in that you see which is probably why you think naps are DUMB.

Hopefully you'll soon learn that naps are good for you though... :) 

I love being your mom, Winslow.  You fell asleep nursing tonight (which I always love when you do that) because it lets me just stare at how perfect you are.  I looked at your ears, your chubby little cheeks, your sweet little lips..and I just can't thank the Lord enough for choosing me to be your mom.  It's an overwhelming feeling to know that he placed you in my life and how perfect you are for me.

You have the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen and everyone who sees you comments on how gorgeous they are.  I can't wait until you're old enough to look at me with them to get what you want.  or can i?  Maybe it'll be sweet when you're cuddled next to me in bed asking for a cookie at 8 in the morning, or when you beg to stay up just for one more story.  I bet I won't be able to say no.

Lots has been going on since I last wrote you a letter. 

We will celebrate your first Christmas next week.  And since you've been such a good boy this year (except for the coming NINE days late part), Santa will be making a visit!  We are also going to be traveling to Texas and Alabama to visit family and you'll be to meet a lot of your Aunts Uncles, and grandparents!  I can't wait to show you off.  You are going to be the center of attention, for sure.

You now roll over both ways all the time..you like to roll from your back to your stomach more though and you talk to me all day.  You also LOVE those little feet of yours.  They haven't found your mouth just yet, but you play with them all day long.  You still love bathtime, which is nice.  Bathtime is my favorite part of the day because you will splash all night if I'd let you.

You have discovered DARLA.  You will follow her with your eyes around the room and you even smiled at her today.  It was pretty cute.  One of these days, you'll be riding on her back. 

I love you so much little monkey.  I hope you never forget that, and every day just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. 

Love,

Your momma

No comments:

Post a Comment