19 December 2013

Winslow's four months old!

 
 
 
 
Weight: 16 pounds 5 ounces

Height:26.75 inches tall

Nicknames: W, Win, Monkey,

Eating: This topic has been very stressful for me this month. I went back to work the day W turned three months old and he REFUSED to take a bottle.  It took a LONG 2-3 weeks before he would even drink 1 ounce and then one day it just clicked...he started taking a bottle like a champ and now we have no problems. (PRAISE THE LORD)  My mother-in-law is a CHAMP for being so patient with him and she even fed him with a little baby spoon sometimes to get some food in his belly.  But he is now just fine and I am no longer stressing that my baby starves while I'm at work.  He eats every three hours during the day, just about, and eats once at night.  And will now take a bottle. (After spending close to $70 on every different bottle known to man, he decides he likes the NUK brand..those are like 3 dollars...ha!)
 
 
 

 
 
 

Sleeping:Sleep.  It's sometimes WONDERFUL and sometimes NOT WONDERFUL.  We are in the process of weaning him from the swaddle (AHHHHHHH) and it's not going so well...he does not know what the heck to do with his arms if they are not swaddled.  I know it'll just take a few days/ a week / for him to get used to it, but it's not been easy on this momma.  He got up every two hours last night...and yes, I had to get up at 6:30 for work.  YIKES.  I would LOVE to keep him swaddled because when he is, he'll sleep 8-9 hours before he's hungry, but with him rolling over like crazy now, I do not want to risk him getting stuck on his stomach without his arms to help him roll back over.  Yep, it's time..and yep, it sucks. 
 
 
 
Naps? What are those?  This little fella does NOT want to miss out on anything...he does nap during the day, but not as long as I'd like him to.  And of course he naps way better when he's held..but I don't want him to learn to nap JUST by being held so I put him down and he'll only sleep 30-40 minutes...sigh...he used to sleep 1.5 hours twice a day with a catnap in the evening but now I'm lucky if he'll sleep 45 minutes 2-3 times a day.  I'm hoping this next month he'll learn that naps are good.  We will see.
 
 

Diapers: Still in cloth, still in love.  I'll never go back. (Don't quote me on that though...when I have a small army running around, I may change my mind!)  ;)     But we are using disposables some because I stocked up before he came and don't want them to go to waste.  I've noticed that when he's in those, they get so much more smelly than cloth and his little bums gets a lot redder too... so I'm counting down the dipes until we can go back to cloth. 
 

 
 

Clothing: I have this disorder called "Try to squeeze your baby into small clothes to keep him from growing up" and I need help getting over this.  Three times this month I've put him in 3 month outfits that either look like capris on him or the sleeves are 3/4 length.  Ha!! Then I try to convince myself he can fit in them when really he's about to pop a button in my eyeball. 

Social: This little man is a HAM.  He smiles all the time.  He screams/coos/babbles/ makes dinosaur noises...it melts me.  He definitely recognizes me, daddy, his grandparents..it's precious.  He even smiled so big at daddy when we were facetiming while he was at work.  He talks to his toys all day long now. 
 

 
Likes: He still LOVES bathtime, he loves to kick his piano on the end of the playmat, he loves his lion toy, loves smiling at daddy, being naked, his feet (this is his FAVORITE)  rolling over, being on his stomach
  

Dislikes: hiccups, sometimes his car seat, being held like a baby, burping, napping 
 
 

What we're looking forward to: Christmas next week!  Traveling to Texas and Alabama to visit family,
 
Milestones/ things to remember: He has started to laugh, loves his feet so much, rolls over both ways
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm due in May and I'm interested in cloth diapers. Did you get the snap ones or Velcro ones? Which do you like and why? Any help is appreciated, thank you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete