21 January 2012

DIY Dog Bowl Station

My mom and I tackled a small project this past week.  Even though it took us a lot longer than it probably should have, we finished our first project with a power tool! ;)

I got a jigsaw for Christmas from my brothers and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it: make a project with the pallets I got a few months ago.  They have just been sitting outside waiting to be worked on... and here's what we did.



We made my pup, Penny, an elevated dog feeder.  She is getting old (she'll be 11 this year!)  and so I knew I wanted to do something so she didn't have to bend down everytime she drank or ate. 

Sadly, I don't have a step-by-step tutorial for this because

1)  We didn't really follow any directions...
2) We messed up quite a lot and had to re-do some things





 Yeah...the nails did NOT want to cooperate...
 See? She just LOVES it!


But I love the way it turned out, and Penny loves it to (at least I think she does)


The total project costs me about 3 dollars.  Compared to online prices, that is AWESOME!

 This one is $76.99 on trendypet.com
And this one is $40.00 on Amazon.com


A little too much for me to spend...so I am glad I made my own! Our next project is to make some pallet bookshelves!! Hopefully those will be a little easier and I can't wait to share them!

Happy Weekend, y'all!!

Xoxo,

Kait

4 comments: