11 January 2011

A bunch.

It seems like a have a bunch of different things to talk about today!!  I've been meaning to share a few things with all y'all but just never got around to it.  Oh well, now I'm here and be prepared for a plethora of sharing.

First off, let's talk about the SNOW that is COVERING the Charlotte area. We woke up to around 5 inches yesterday morning and none of it has melted yet. It sleeted/iced over last night so now it's horribly dangerous to go anywhere. I (nor hubby) has left the house since Sunday.  I think if we stay here another couple days, we'll get really stir crazy. I hope it melts soon!!  Here's a few pictures of the beautiful snow.

 This is my favorite picture of our sweet pup.  She was getting ready to lick the snow off of her nose. :)
 Our lovely home in the snow.
 Huey was perfectly content sleeping in the warm house while we played in the snow.  Notice his little tongue is poking out- how cute!

 It looks like she is hunting down a squirrel or something.
 She loves to roll around in the snow too! Look at all that fur!
 For some reason, Penny LOVES to bury her head in the snow.  Every time we got out, that's the first thing she does.
 Whatchu lookin' at?

I love the beautiful snow on top the the berries. It looks so Christmas-y!

We also decided to start a 1,000 piece puzzle.  This is the one Seth picked out:

We've done all the edges of it, and will probably be working on it for years. haha..maybe not that long.. who knows.

After coming in and lounging around for the remainder of the day, I decided that it would be fun to make some snowcream.  We went to college in the mountains where it snowed over 96" one winter and never made snowcream?  How is that possible?  

I'm going to share the recipe in case you guys have snow wherever you may be! It's super easy and pretty yummy too! Although I do prefer frozen yogurt more, snowcream was fun because it was made from snow! Duh!

Snowcream By: Paula Deen
8 cups snow
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla



1. Get your snow from outside and make sure it doesn't have any dirt in it! Then put the sweetened condensed milk on top of it and stir it in.  Then after that, add the vanilla.


Easy as that! Stir it up, and enjoy!  

The recipe from Paula Deen (gotta love her!)  calls for 8 cups of snow, but if you don't have that much just half the recipe.  That's what I did.

So, even though we're snowed in, doesn't mean we aren't completely lazy or not learning new things...I taught hubby how to make a grilled cheese sandwich! (yes, he really didn't know how!)  Here he is all domesticated now. 



You look good, hun!  I should make you cook more often. 

{Now here's a little secret to making an extra good grilled cheese.  Instead of butter on the outside of your bread, use MAYONNAISE!  Y'all, it sounds gross, but it isn't!! I don't really eat mayo unless it's in something else..i don't eat it on my sandwiches but it gives the grilled cheese just the amount of sweetness for the bread and it makes it a beautiful golden brown on the outside.  I've cooked this recipe for my roomie at Texas A&M (Hey, Margaret!) who HATES mayonnaise, but she liked it on her grilled cheese.  Go on, try it! You know you want to.  ;) }

If y'all haven't noticed on my "tabs", I have started a 365 photo project.  I am going to try to take a photo everyday for a year and I use a handy website to keep them organized.  If you want to see it, click on the tab that says "Project 365".  I am also going to post the pics on here, every week.  Here are my first week's photos.  

Day One:
January 1, 2011
NYE bash. Seth and I hosted a NYE bash and we had such a great time. We were playing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga on rockband and let me tell you, it was quite entertaining.  This was taken after midnight, so it qualifies for January 1, 2011!  :)

Day Two:

January 2, 2011
Huey and the remote.  He loves to lay on anything from papers to shoes to remotes. He doesn't care, and if there is only ONE thing on the floor in our bedroom, he'll lay on it.  It's so funny!

Day Three:

January 3, 2011
Rockband for one. Sometimes when Seth gets off from work, he'll pull the big chair in front of the TV and play rockband by himself.

Day Four:

January 4, 2011
New/Old Keurig.  You know that saying that goes "one man's trash is another man's treasure?" Well I was at Goodwill the other day and found this AWESOME Keurig for a fraction of the retail price.  Seriously, I got it over $100 cheaper than the real deal. And it works too! I wonder why someone would donate their working Keurig to Goodwill?  Oh well, I was one happy camper!!

Day Five:

January 5, 2011
Sleepy dog.  I think Penny's new year's resolution was to not be scared of ceiling fans.  She has been hanging out with us every single day on the couch, and we love it! I'm so proud of her! She is making quite the progress.

Day Six:


January 6, 2011
Lazy cat.  This is what Huey does for the majority of the day. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.

Day Seven:

January 7, 2011
Laser cats.  Seth's dad got Huey and Clair a laser pointer for Christmas and they love it SO much.  They will spend hours playing with it. It's so funny.  Maybe one day I will take a video of them.

And there you have it! Week One of my Project 365.


And lastly for this extremely random post, I wanted to share with you my laundry room.  Why? Well, for WEEKS it has looked like this: 


YIKES!!! That is sooo messy.  I have been so uninspired to clean it. When people come over, all I have to do is shut the door.  Well last night, I got a little stir crazy from being inside all day long and decided to tackle the messiness.  Here's what it looks like now!!



All nice and clean! And Claire wanted to be in the picture too.  Not only did i clean up outside, I organized all the drawers and now all of my crafty stuff has a home! Check it out:

I organized all my paints and glues!

Glitter, glue gun, ribbon and other miscellaneous items.

I am so glad to have a clean laundry room.  :) :)

Oh yeah! A couple days ago, my sis-in-law sent us a package that had a Christmas present that she exchanged for Seth and we also got a beautiful monogrammed towel from his Aunt Amy! I was so excited and it's going in our guest bathroom for everyone to see! Thanks Aunt Amy!!!!

Right now I am watching the Biggest Loser and doing a few things for work so I need to get on the ball...i think i've been working on this post for like 4 hours.  Well not really, but it sure seems like it took that long! haha

I will leave you with something that should make you laugh:



-Kaitlin







 

No comments:

Post a Comment