03 January 2011

CVS trip

Today I gathered my coupons and headed to CVS to get some great deals.  Here is what I got:


Here is how I did it:

I bought all these items in two seperate transactions.

1st Transaction:
*Spend $25 on Wisk, Angel Soft, Planters, or Quilted Northern products, get $10 ECBs.

3 Wisk laundry detergents at $5 each
-used 3 $2 off coupons
1 24 pack of Angel Soft toilet paper at $9.99

The total:  $26. 56 with tax and before coupons.
Then I used $16 ECB's from a previous purchase and the 3 $2 off coupons for Wisk.
My total was $4.56 and I got back $10 ECB's.

2nd Transaction
*Spend $10 on Listerine, Reach, or Rembrandt products, get $5 ECBs.
* Buy 3 packages of Extra gum, get $1 ECB
* Buy any GE Energy Smart 40, 60, 75 or 100 watt equivalent, 1 pk get $2 ECBs

3 packages of Extra gum at 67 cents each
1 GE Energy Smart lightbuld at $3.99
-used $1 off coupon
2 Listerine mouthwashes at $5 each
-used 2 $2 off coupons

The total: $17.31 with tax and before coupons.
Then I used the $10 ECB's from the 1st transaction, the $1 off coupon for the lightbulb and the 2 $2 off coupons.
My total was $2.31 and I got back $ 8 ECBs.

So, overall my total out of pocket was $6.87 on $63.30 worth of products and I have 8 ECB's to spend on my next purchase! 

When we made our trip to Texas, I took a break from couponing so it feels good to get back in the swing of things! :)

All night I have been lazy and watch The Bachelor and now I'm watching Biggest Loser.  Seth and I had Chick-fil-a for dinner and TCBY for dessert- yumm!! I really need to get back in the groove of cooking because I don't want to start the new year out feeling unhealthy.  Also, not to mention, it costs a lot to eat out!

The house still isn't all the way clean from our new years weekend-  all the Christmas decorations still aren't taken down, but you know what? Sometimes it's good to just let it be.  I think...

maybe tomorrow I'll get to work.

Until now, I'm being lazy and lovin' every minute of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment