29 April 2012

Strawberries and Craigslist.

Good Morning, y'all!  I hope you had a great weekend!

Mine was full of fun adventures and lots of baking/cleaning.

Hubby is currently right smack in the middle of law school exams so he's not around much...that means I have the weekend to do what I want  ;)  ...here's a glimpse of what I did to entertain myself.

1.  Started off the weekend a tad early with Craft Night at Katie's house.  We made DIY mason jar vases that we painted blue and made a lid for them.  I LOVE how it turned out:





Gorgeous, if you ask me!  I plan on making some more without the lids as a centerpiece for my dining room table.

She also let me borrow some great magazines!  I spent hours on Saturday flipping through them.



My garden is also coming right along,  (well, the second garden, that is. )  Wanna know what happened to my first one?  Click here.


 Any excuse for me to dig in the dirt is good for me! I planted a beautiful peony that my mother-in-law gave me for Easter and I can't wait to see it bloom.  It's my very favorite flower. And hydrangeas. 
I also learned a very random fact about strawberries.  I was making MORE strawberry bread today and read somewhere online that the smaller the strawberries are, the more tasty they are.

I had no idea! Everytime I go to the store, I would always look for the big ones thinking they were the juiciest.  SO NOT TRUE!  See below:

 Now the berry on the right is one from Kroger. The berry on the left is from a local berry farm..aka right off the plant.  Even though they are the same size, the one on the left is WAY tastier/jucier/better because it doesn't have that white part in the center...see it?  The white part is practically tasteless and no good.  The smaller the berry, the less white center.  So from now on, buy small!


It also wants to make me ALWAYS buy berries local and fresh.  The ones from the bigger grocery stores don't taste NEAR as great as the ones from the farm.  Maybe I'll go buy a years supply and freeze them.  ;)  Just kidding.  Kind of.


And now..for the most exciting part of my weekend:

Our craigslist adventure!

I have been searching for a certain type of dresser/chest of drawers for our bedroom for like 8-9 months. No joke!! I had JUST gotten out of the shower on Saturday and decided to look on CL.  Well someone posted this dresser ten minutes prior and I immediately emailed him saying "PLEASE let me come buy this from you!" hehe...he said he was on his way out the door but would wait for us if we left right then.  So with wet hair and all, I hopped out the door with hubby and we started on our adventure:


 I was excited, if you can't tell.

And because I am not going to give you the reveal until TOMORROW, here's a sneak peek:





 That's all your getting folks!

Come back tomorrow for the big reveal! I can't wait!!!!!


HAPPY MONDAY!

Xoxo,


Kait


2 comments:

  1. interesting STRAWBERRY fact!
    I always buy the big ones too!
    Can't wait to see your dresser!
    I have a love/hate of Craigslist!
    It can be scary and wonderful at the same time!
    love ya Kait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love, Craigslist! :)

    ReplyDelete