24 September 2012

Scenes from the weekend...

Good afternoon, friends!

I am currently on my lunch break at work (I LOVE being able to come home during my lunch) and so I wanted to give y'all a little update on what the Jones' have been up to!

While my mom and stepdad were in town last week, I put them both to work on the millions of projects I have for our new house.  Now before I give the big reveal, I'll show a few pictures of the progress.

 We went to Lowe's to pick up some wood for some shelves I wanted him to make in the laundry room and the half bath.

Our laundry room was converted from a pantry and so there is not much room at all.  For a pantry, yes it's spacious, but for laundry..not so much.  I don't mind it though, because the previous homeowners made the old laundry room into a mudroom..I'll share those pictures SOON!
 There is a small "nook" where he added the shelves.  I LOVE them and they hold all of my detergent, cleaning supplies, and other stuff.
And here's the progress in our half bath.  I just finished painting it yesterday so i'll share paint colors, and the final room once I take photos!

This past weekend, I worked on more house projects (I LOVE IT!)  and the weather was so nice, I opened all the windows. It was glorious. Huey thought so too:




And to celebrate the first day of fall, i wore moccasins, a scarf, and my favorite fall color (besides plum), mustard yellow!


I also lit my favorite fall candle: Autumn from Bath and Body Works, and made pumpkin muffins!
Tonight I am finishing up some DIY roman shades for our dining room and hope to share those tomorrow.

Decorating a house is so much fun!

Happy Monday, ya'll!

-Kait




1 comment:

  1. You were a busy bee this weekend!! I can't wait for it to get a little cooler here in Alabama so I can bring out my scarves :)

    ReplyDelete