29 October 2012

White Chicken Chili

WHAT?  I'm posting a recipe?  That hasn't happened in like, oh, a LONG time.

But I couldn't go through my day knowing I haven't shared it because this is one heck of a recipe.  

Three reasons why I love it:

1. It's fast
2. It's cheap
3. It's yummy

Those are good enough, right?

I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com to make it a little less spicy and a little more yummy. ;)

White Chicken Chili 


Ingredients:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic (or just sprinkle some garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
-2 teaspoons ground cumin
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-2 14.5 oz chicken broth (I made my own)
-3 cups chopped chicken breasts
-3 cans white beans (I used two cans of northern beans, and one can of cannellini beans)
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-sour cream for topping

Cook the chicken, shred the chicken, then pour all ingredients into a crockpot set on low for a few hours OR throw into a pot over the stove on low until heated. 

Seriously, it's that easy!

And so delicious.  I ate it for leftovers for three days straight. 

Serve with Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits! You won't be disappointed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment