18 January 2014

Winslow is five months!


  Side note:  I DROPPED my camera on the CONCRETE while on vacation....::cue the tears:: and my lens broke..it works sometimes, but that explains the semi-blurry photos :(  I am saving up to either get a new camera (mine is over 8 years old and have served me well) or a new lens... 
 
 
Weight: 18 pounds 5 ounces

Height: 28.25 inches tall

Nicknames: W, Win, Monkey, Little Fella,

Eating: After the bottle saga, he is now doing great with the bottle.  Funny thing is, I have yet to see him take one.  I haven't tried giving him one, but hubby did once, and he wasn't interested.  I guess he just likes it on tap more. ;)  He still eats every three hours during the day (with one of those feedings being a bottle of breastmilk while I'm at work) and then once at night. Sometimes if he wakes up twice at night, I will feed him to make me sleep better (So the girls aren't so full....selfish, right?)  and he usually falls asleep while nursing at night anyway, so it's a win-win situation . ;)  We are going to start introducing SOLIDS this month!  After I do my research on how I wish to approach it, I'll introduce them.  I am looking into the baby led weaning approach and also just making my own purees from fruits and veggies.  I may do a combination of both. 
 
 
 








Sleeping: He has always been a great sleeper, for the most part.  I am thankful he can go down at night without me even having to rock him really.  The only reason I rock him at night for a minute or so is because I love doing it and singing to him.  I lay him down in his crib, he'll talk to himself for just about 5 minutes, and then be asleep!  That's right, we moved him to his big boy bed this month!  He transitioned PERFECTLY.  In fact, the first night we put him in it, he woke up 10 hours later to eat, and then slept another 2 hours before getting up for the day!  He loves his crib.  I am thankful it wasn't hard for him to get used to.  He also naps in his crib, so that's probably helped him sleep at night too. 
 
Another thing, he sometimes sleeps on his stomach!  It kind of freaked me out when I went to go feed him around 3am, and he was on his stomach!  But since he can roll over so easily now, I guess that is what he prefers?  Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't.

 
As far as naps go, he usually takes 3 naps a day and they last 40-50 minutes each time.  He will sometimes sleep an hour or an hour and a half, but that is rare.  This boy still doesn't want to miss out!  I found myself stressing over how short his naps were, but then decided it does no good and that as long as he is happy while he's awake, that he is getting enough sleep.  and he is.  I think with age, it'll get better too.   
 
 




Yeah, I don't think he is lacking in the " thunder thigh" category.
 
 
 

Diapers: Still in cloth, still in love. We used disposables while we were on vacation and I can't tell you how many times I had to change his outfits due to explosions.  This never happens in cloth.  They contain poopies 1000 times better.  I love it. 
 

 
 

Clothing: Wearing 6 month outfits and a few 3-6 months.  For such a heavy boy, he is somewhat slim due to his height!  We are moving up to 6-9 and 9 months clothes in the next couple weeks though.
 


 (Clearly, he was bored)

Social: Smiling at everyone, including the pup.  He loves our dog so much.  And my sis-in-law's dog.  He'll stare at them all day long.  He laughs at his daddy most of all, and I can get a few chuckles out of him.  During our vacation, he met sooooo many new faces and did great for the most part!  We got to meet my BFF's babies (Brinkli and Asher), my cousin's babies (Kie and Kix), my stepbrothers and sister, and tons of other people. 
 

 
Likes: chewing on everything he can get his hands on, bathtime, his feet, rolling from his back to his stomach (he does this the second i put him down!)  Sox the Fox, his exersaucer, his momma, when daddy blows raspberries on his tummy, Darla
 
 And he's done.  So much for that photo-shoot...he was definitely not interested in smiling.  haha!


 
  

Dislikes: hiccups, sometimes his car seat, being held like a baby,changing clothes, growling noises (my BFF's son, Asher, (he's 8 months) kept growling at Winslow and every single time, he would scream! It was kind of funny, but sad too because he was scared. haah!  Asher just stared at him.  
 
 

What we're looking forward to: 
 
  Milestones/ things to remember: Cutting his FIRST tooth on 1/17!  I can see it poking through his gums just a teeny bit, Moved him to his crib when hewas 4.5 months old, he can sit up on his own for a couple seconds, then he faceplants! We facetimed daddy while he was at work, and when he recogonized him, he got the biggest smile on his face.  
 
 
We love you so much, Winslow!! You have so much personality and we cannot wait to watch you grow!  
 
Look how big you've gotten!  
 
 
-One Month-
 
 -Two Months-
 -Three Months-


 -Four Months-
 -Five Months-

 



No comments:

Post a Comment