04 May 2015

Dear Winslow


Goodness gracious, little boy! It's been a while since I've written you a letter.  I have a good handful that I've never published here, but that means they'll be even more special to you when you are old enough to read them.

You are 20 months old.  TWENTY months.  How in the world did time fly so fast?  I cannot believe you will be two years old soon.  I want to cry, but I also beam at how big you are.  You are smart as a whip  And also hard headed too. I think you got that from me.  It will come in handy though when you're older.  :)

You're favorite thing to do right now are library time on Wednesdays.  We go for 45 minutes and you play with the other toddlers and then sing songs for 10-15 minutes.  You love the songs and the hand motions that we do.  It's so funny to watch you because all the other babies are sitting in their mommas laps singing and you are right in the middle of the circle watching everyone. You won't sit in my lap, no sir.  You have to be in the middle. It makes me smile because you'll go up to one of the other mommy's and smile so big and then run back to the middle of the circle.  The teacher calls you Mr. Explorer because you never.sit.still.  You always are looking for something to get into.  (Like that sharpie marker you found in my purse last week!)

You also love cars. trucks. anything with wheels. You go to sleep with a car, eat breakfast with a car, and run errands with a car.  You also make this "vroom vroom" sound everywhere you take it. You love driving the car over my head and in your food.  sigh.

You still nap once a day for 1.5-2 hours.  Sometimes longer but not that often.  You wake up between 7:45-8:15 which is great. I am not complaining at all.  You go to bed between 7:45-8:15 every night and don't make a peep until the next morning.

You constantly have bruises or scrapes on your little knees because you're always into something! You love the ocean and we try to make a beach trip every weekend.

I could not have dreamed up a more precious little boy if I tried.  You are truly the apple of my eye, my little buddy, my best friend.  I love spending my days with you and watching you learn and grow.

We have lots of traveling to do these next few months, including a trip to Texas, NC, Key West, and Orlando!  You are still rear facing in your car seat and hope to stay that way until at least 2.5- it's so much safer for your little spine that isn't done growing together yet.  Your favorite foods are cheese, corn, chick fil a nuggets, cereal, watermelon, mac and cheese, and green smoothies.  You don't really like yogurt right now, or green beans.

I am so blessed to be your mommy and I just love you to pieces.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment