20 October 2015

Moving along...

So as long as I've been married, I have always told hubby that I wanted a fixer upper one day.  He would always say "okay sure" and then talk about something else. haha.  Well when we bought this house, we didn't realize how much of a fixer upper it was going to be until now.  It's not a bad thing, but I also dreamed of fixing it up when i'm not 5.5 months pregnant. ;)  It's okay, I am making it work, and hey, it got me out of removing 600+ square feet of hardwood floors that took two weeks to finish.

So, let's see a small update on what we've done!  The ceilings have been scraped of the popcorn, re textured/painted, the main area has been repainted, a small part of the kitchen has been demoed, all the floors have been removed (there were FIVE different types of flooring in this house), the garage door and shutters have been repainted, and we landscaped the front.  It looks so awesome and all of our neighbors are so happy we are fixing it up. ;)

So before, the green paint on the house was extremely faded and worn looking.  I repainted the door and shutters with a Minwax Gel Stain.  It was so easy and I love the way it turned out.  It looks like wood and really makes the house pop. We also cut back the trees so you can see the front more.

 

If you look at the before photo, you can see the three big green bushes in the front.  They were not pretty and blocked the porch, so my stepmom and I went to the local nursery and got these gorgeous new plants!

f
My dad and her were here for a long weekend and they helped us so much with the house!

They also gave us a date too!  We went to a local breakfast place because ALL i ever want is breakfast food.  For real, I am OBSESSED this pregnancy.  Biscuits, sausage, eggs... YUM. Oh and chocolate milk.  Gotta have a glass every single morning.



So this is before the flooring was all taken out..look how horribly messy.  Gives me a headache just looking at it.  We also removed the two foot "head blocker" as I call it, above the bar area.  It looks so much better without it and opens up the kitchen a ton.

I am in love with the paint color I chose.  It's the perfect gray and called Colonnade Gray by Sherwin Williams.  They just had 40% sale and I got paint for the whole house! That's what is next on our list.  Oh yeah, and floors are going in as we speak! YAY! 
Will i survive these next few weeks?  Lots to do, lots to do, but I cannot wait to see it all done.  My new kitchen cabinets should be here next week.  FINGERS ARE CROSSED.


3 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to some updates! I know you're workin'' hard and getting it together :) Looks great so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Winslow scratch his face or is that just dirt? lol

    ReplyDelete