18 March 2016

Hogan is one month old!

Weight:10 pounds 7 ounces (taken on home scale)

Height: 22.5 inches

Nicknames: Hogan, monkey junior, baby brother

Eating: Nursing all. the. time.  This guy hates going longer than 2 hours without his milk, unless he is asleep.  I'm planning on doing a separate post about this in the future, but he had both a tongue and a lip tie that we had clipped when he was 9 days old.  Whenever he would nurse, it would be excruciatingly painful for me. Like cringing, crying pain. I knew something was wrong, so I am glad we got that taken care of.  Those first nine days were tough.But now we are smooth sailing and I am so thankful.

Sleeping: Sleep....what's that?  I know most newborns have their days and nights mixed up, and he is no exception. He gave me ONE 5.5 hour stretch and since then he hasn't gone more than 3 hours at a time.  He usually falls asleep around 8pm and then is up at 11, 1-2, 4,6,7...hopefully we will get some longer stretches soon.  We can pray, right? 


Diapers: We started  cloth diapers with Hogan at one week old.  With Winslow we didn't do it until 3 months, so I purchased/traded for several newborn sized diapers.  They are SO cute and I have loved using cloth on a newborn.  We have only had ONE blowout so far and that was in the carseat.  He is almost outgrowing most of his newborn diapers though, so we will move to one size soon! 
Clothing: This little guy is in 3 month clothes for the most part. Newborn sleepers are WAY too short for him.  Such a big boy!

Social:He is starting to coo a little bit, but man is he alert when he is awake.  He looks around at everything and has given me a couple smiles so far!  They are so sweet and I can't wait to see him start to smile more.
 
Likes:He loves bathtime and we usually aim for a bath every other day or every 3 days.  He likes to hide "presents" under his rolls for me.  He loves his Tula blanket and I can understand why. It's so stinking soft.  Eating of course, we all know that. 

Dislikes: getting his diaper changed sometimes,getting out of the bath, and being swaddled.  He HATES the swaddle.


What we're looking forward to: Seth still being on paternity leave! We are making our first big trip to Missouri to see my Nanny and Pappy next month and are flying with two babies.  Crazy? We will see.  When in doubt, whip it out...that's my motto with Hogan. ;) My dad and stepmom are actually coming to visit us for the weekend and then Seth's family is coming for Easter! Lots of fun family time- yay!!!  Also, i am really looking forward to finding a matching Easter outfit for my boys.  Any ideas on where to look??
 
 

Milestones/ things to remember: Big brother BIT him on his big toe this morning.  Winslow got a nice spanking and time out for that one.  Poor guy cried real tears.  That's about all for this first month. haha!  Also, he likes to tee tee on mommy. ;)
 
Trips/Outings: The nail salon at 5 days old! (It wasn't a typical smelly one, it was a high end non chemical one..check it out here.  Target a few times, we tried to go out to eat, but with both babies crying, we left.  #reallife  The farmers market, the park, church...lots of fun places!


Look at Hogan and Winslow at one month old!  Twins, i tell you!

We love you so much, Hogan!  Can't wait to watch you grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment