02 June 2011

Our Anniversary Trip!

What a sweet husband, I have! I came home from work (on my birthday) and saw that he posted a "blurb" as he called it, on my blog!  Awwww...he got brownie points for that one.

I am JUST now posting about our anniversary trip to Charleston that we took last weekend..i've been so busy with work and my birthday that I haven't had a moment to blog.

Here's a recap of our weekend!

We left Friday morning and on our way, we stopped at an outlet mall.  That sure was a great way to start our weekend! :) I got some running shoes, a few shirts from Old Navy and hubby got some tennis shorts (naturally).

We checked into our hotel and look what was waiting on us!  Chilled champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a bouquet of flowers-my wonderful in-laws got us that!




 Now for a few highlights from our trip:

 LOOK at that porch!!! I mean,  I would need like 40 rocking chairs for all that space!


 My favorite flower was alllll over the town! They were absolutely gorgeous!

 Would you look at that sunset?  This is taken straight out of my camera.  Aren't those colors INSANE?!  Ahhh....i'ts breathtaking.


We loved Charleston and had some great seafood and spent some wonderful quality time together.  One of our favorite places that we ate was in Mount Pleasant was this little diner:

 They had such awesome Southern food.  I had cajun meatloaf with green bean casserole and hubby had a BLT.





 I want to go back already! I love that place.

A little update on what's going on here...


We are moving out of our house at the end of THIS MONTH!  In about three weeks, actually.  So.. I have a little "panic attack" creeping up inside me.  I mean, I don't really have panic attacks..but I hate packing and I'm worried that it's going to be the day before and I'm going to look around the house and say "Oh, I guess we better start packing up. We leave tomorrow"


Yes. that happened last time we moved.  


no joke. and NOT FUN.



I promise to be proactive this time and pack up a little bit every day.  Please hold me to that, mmkay?




I also had a great birthday! I got my sewing machine that I had been hoping for too!! I may get it set-up tonight. My dad and brothers got me a lovely bouquet of flowers, and hubby got me a hydrangea bush and rocking chairs for our new home!!!! :)








This weekend we are having a cookout with all of our college friends. I am getting a few ideas together to make it "festive".  I can't wait to share it with y'all.

Happy Thursday!!!


-Kait







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip and what thoughtful presents (especially the rocking chairs--love that!)

    Good luck packing--I have faith in you :)

    ReplyDelete