08 June 2014

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."

I love that quote.  It makes me smile.  Growing up, I LOVED reading.  I still do, actually.  I remember reading Where the Red Fern Grows in fourth grade on my bean bag with my mom laying beside me. Reading Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul while in the Louvre in France when I was 10. Laying in bed at college reading The Hunger Games.  Reading has always been a part of my life.  
The same goes for my little man.  And I am SO proud of him.  He LOVES to read. 


 He would rather get a book than a toy most days.  I hope his love for books stays with him forever!
 He will crawl over to his book basket, pull out each one, and carefully pick his favorite.

 He loves Eric Carle, Dr. Seuss, and any "lift the flap" books.

Keep on reading, sweet sweet boy!

The more that you read,
the more things you will know,
the more that you learn, 
the more place you'll go!
-Dr Seuss

1 comment:

  1. That "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" book is one of Gideon's favorites! He asks for it ALL THE TIME by saying "dum ditty dum ditty"

    ReplyDelete