12 January 2015

Just life...and an toddler update.


Life is busy.  Chasing around a wild little monkey makes it that way.  Every evening before my head hits the pillow, I make sure the house is straightened up.  And every morning within ten minutes, it looks like a tornado came through.  Oh well. that's life with a toddler.


We are packing up and heading to the Lone Star state tomorrow! We could not be more excited, although we are going to miss daddy A LOT.  We will spend the better part of 2 weeks there, visiting family and friends. I am excited.

I know i'm long overdue for an update on what the little man is up to so I'll do my best to summarize his rambunctious ways.

He is RAMBUNCTIOUS.  He loves running around the house yelling...and he loves ketchup.  I think he got those two things from his momma.  ;)

He is in a size 6 shoe and wears mostly 18 or 24 month clothes.


He is now on his first EVER medication (besides occasional motrin) and it's because when we went to Utah, he developed a horrible rash all over his little body.  Doc said it's from putting him in disposable diapers. Sheesh.  As if I needed another reason to NOT use those.  From now on, anytime we travel, we'll bring cloth with us.  I do not want his little body to be so red ever again.  Poor guy.  He's not been itching or fussy at all, so that's a blessing.

His favorite words to say are "hot, Darla, dada, puff, juice, cheese, book, and uh oh". He also knows what sounds a doggie makes and he'll say "Woof" really quietly. It's so funny.

He sleeps 12-13 hours straight at night. Praise. the. Lord.  He naps once a day for 1-2 hours.  His favorite foods right now are strawberries, green smoothies (the contents vary but it's mostly spinach,kale,frozen green beans, flaxseed, banana, yogurt, apple juice and strawberries), grilled cheeses, and broccoli with KETCHUP. HA!!  He dips each peice in it.  Hey, he eats his veggies. This mama ain't complaining.



He says HEY to EVERYONE he sees.  In Target, in the mall, outside...it's awesome.


He loves our daily walks with darla and also loves to swim.  Yes, we are still swimming and it's January.  Remind me why I ever want to leave Florida again?

His favorite toys are books, and his play kitchen.  He also loves his Land of Nod char and his bubble mower.

I have been saying this for the past 6 months, but every single month keeps getting funner and funner with him.  He's such a ham and I love being his momma.


1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to read your posts on your little guy. My Eric is 2 days younger than Winslow and they are so much alike! "uh-oh" is the word of the week here! Your little man is precious and you're doing a great job, mommy!

    ReplyDelete