22 May 2016

Things Winslow says.


Happy Monday!!!!

We are getting into the swing of things over here..still not getting a lot of sleep, but I am making it! :)  Hogan sometimes sleeps great and wakes up only twice, but the past couple weeks he's been getting up 3-5 times.  Makes this mommy T I R E D.  And Winslow has been getting up twice as well.  He just comes in our room wanting us to lay down with him.  I haven't blogged about W's sleep "setbacks" so I'll just do a summary here.

When Hogan was around 1.5-2 months old, he started crying at night and not staying in his bed.  Usually, we read books ,sing, pray and lay him down and he puts himself to sleep.  Well the past month he has been screaming and crying when it's bedtime unless we are in the room.  It is so exhausting and bedtime now takes over an hour when used to it only took 20 minutes, but we are just taking turns laying down with him and hoping this will pass.  I think he just needs us more now that Hogan is here and he is having to share time with him.  BUT if it doesn't get better on it's own, we will have to make another plan.  We will see. :)  He also has a lot of separation anxiety right now and doesn't like to go to Sunday School.  Lots of big changes for this guy and we are trying to give him extra loving during this transition.  Good news is, he still ADORES Hogan.  We are so blessed.

I've been meaning to make a small list of phrases or words that Winslow says right now that is SOOOOO cute so I don't forget!!!

Things Winslow says:


Grabbing Hogan's bamboo swaddle blanket:  "OHHH MOMMY! This is so cozy and warm!"

When he bumps into the wall while riding his scooter or tricycle inside: "OH! Sorry about that!"

Macaroni and cheese is pronounced: Mack-a-reeri and cheese

Bicycle is pronounced: "Bi-den-see-tee-ul"

When he doesn't want to eat something I give him: "No mommy, it has bugs on it. Ew. Yucky. Gross" 

When Hogan looks at Winslow:  "Mommy! Hogan is looking at me!"

Whenever I wrap Hogan in my baby wrap for a nap and he falls asleep:  "Mommy, is Hogan waked up?  Is he sleeping?"  

When Darla is in his way while trying to ride his tricycle "Darla! No (shaking his hand at her) please get up, Darla! Go over there Darla!"

While eating lunch: Me:  Winslow, take a big bite of watermelon so you can grow strong!"  Winslow: "No mommy, just a little bite. I am not big yet."

When we ask him if he's ready for bed or if he wants to take a bath:  "Not. Yet. Not. right. now. please."

While blowing bubbles outside:  "Mommy look! This one is HUGE! So huge!"

Looking at Hogan: "He's so cute and cuddly!"



Love this little guy! He makes me laugh so much! 




1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that I love your blog? And that these two look SO much alike it's crazy. Love! <3

    ReplyDelete