25 August 2010

Getting into gear...

Here we go!!! Time to get into gear for.....

THIS:

yep, Seth ordered a book tonight from Amazon and will begin this journey of studying for the LSAT.  I am so excited for him to learn and ace this thing!  I know he can do it, it may just require some time away from video games.  ;)

Lots has been going on in the Jones' household.  I've had a pretty slow workweek, so I am currently repainting furniture (a nightstand i got from goodwill for five dollars and a headboard that I am painting white to match the nightstand).  I went to Barnes and Noble tonight and have found a book that I want so badly!

It has everything you can think of for cute crafts.  Pillows, flowers, decopage, painting, candles...a little piece of heaven if you ask me. ;)

In fact, I think I shall order that book today along with Seth's LSAT prep book.  While he is studying law, I will be making felt flower headbands and picture frames...

I've been making some pretty yummy recipes lately that I will share.  The first one is a Crustless Strawberry Pie.

It's a Weight Watchers Recipe, so it is not bad for you at all.  (Only FOUR points if you eat the WHOLE stinkin' thing) and believe me..i have almost eaten the whole thing by myself.



Weight Watchers Fresh Crustless Strawberry Pie recipe
Makes 6 servings
Ingredients
4 cups strawberries
1 (5/8 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
1 (1 1/3 ounce) box sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
2 cups water
Preparation
1. Mix together the water and sugar-free pudding mix.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the jello crystals.
4. Place the strawberries in a pie pan.
5. Pour the pudding/gelatin mixture over the strawberries and chill for at least an hour before serving. I let it chill for around 4 before serving.
WW POINTS per serving: 0
Nutritional information per serving: 38 calories, 0.3g fat, 1.9g fiber


I am in the process of finishing up my painting projects. I will post photos once they are done and then I will move on to another! I am thinking I will try to find a dresser off of craigslist and redo it.  I won't spent more than 20 dollars on the dresser, and I already have paint so it should be a fairly inexpensive project.

I haven't been the best about posting photos on here or on facebook, so I am now going to post some pictures that I rediscovered on my camera...enjoy!

This photo is Penny eating her Starbucks whipped cream.  If you have your dog with you when you order something, they will give you a free cup of this for your pup! She loved it.  Isn't he adorable? 
Seth and Penny enjoying an evening on the dock.
  
Seth with the Huey Cat.  (That is his name from now on..he doens't go by anything except "The Huey Cat". He really does sleep like this, can you believe it?
Seth's recent purchase. He got all four of these for the price of one brand new racket...on ebay.  He loves that place.
 


 
now THIS photo I found and almost cried remembering that day.Haha, this was on the way to NC  from Georgia..on about 2 hours of sleep.  Notice The Huey Cat packed away in there. crazy, huh?

Well I am pretty tired so I need to hop in bed.  I promise to post tomorrow more about our life!! There's lots to tell..i don't know if it's entertaining or not, i'll let you be the judge.  But until then, goodnight all!

-Kaitlin

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I love THE Huey Cat packed away nicely in the car! Great pictures by the way!

    My life IS not interesting at all. But I blog to keep my sanity! I love it! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more of yall's life! <3 I'm obsessed! Love u!

    ReplyDelete