31 August 2010

September already?

Tomorrow it's September.  That means fall is right around the corner...to me, that is SO hard to believe!  This summer flew by.  It's been a crazy summer in our neck of the woods and here is why:

1. We graduated college!



2. We got married!
3. Honeymooned in Mexico!
4.Moved to Athens, Georgia with Penny and Huey
5. Went to Sally's wedding in June and Alli's wedding in July
6. Landed a job with The Charmed Event and moved BACK to NC July 30
 
I don't know about you, but I would say we had a VERY busy summer. Honestly, it feels REALLY good to be settled..for the most part.  I have a couple boxes that I have been to lazy to unpack but they are out of sight, out of mind. :)

Now...on to fall!! I love fall. That means football, pumpkin pie, beautiful colors, crisp cool air...what's not to love?


Seth's job at chick-fil-a has been going really well.  He usually works the breakfast-lunch shift (6am-2pm) and he really likes it.  He is becoming quite the expert at saying "My pleasure."  ;) Hehe, sometimes I like to pick on him because he has to say that, but it's all in good fun.  

My job is going really great too!! I absolutely LOVE my kiddos and my first official wedding is in three weeks!  I can't wait to actually be a part of The Charmed Event team and help out!


In my free time, I have been redoing a few pieces of furniture.  I bought a nightstand for our guest room at Goodwill.  It cost me 5 whole dollars.  Here is the before pic:

I wanted to change out the knobs, went to Hobby Lobby to get some and FORGOT them! Ugh, I was so upset because it is a good thirty minute drive from my house and I have yet to make that trek again.  Maybe I'll go tomorrow after work...but here is the after photo (without knobs)
I am also waiting to find the perfect pattern to paint on it..maybe some sort of funky damask or argyle?  Who knows...

Another thing that I did last night while Seth was watching tennis: 
I decopaged the vase with tissue paper and painted it. I like the way it turned out.  The flowers are not real in that vase, but THESE are! (Seth brought me these home today after he got off work, isn't he so sweet!?)

I bet y'all are thinking "enough with the pictures Kait!"  Alright..it is getting late and I am tired.  I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, but maybe tomorrow night I will post more of our house! Seth and I had a mini clean-fest today so I took a few photos of our home.  Some of you have been asking to see it, so no worries, I will post soon!

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment