10 August 2010

The summer is almost over!!!!

Goodness, I can't believe the summer is almost over. It is depressing, but also exciting at the same time.

We have been in our new house for just over a week and I still wake up thinking "Is this real life?" (That quote taken from David after Dentist...if you haven't seen it, please click this link!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

We love our new house so much and Penny and Huey love it too. There is a leash bolted to the end of the deck that we can put Penny on so she can run around in the backyard which she is doing right now! Huey loves all the space in our house and his favorite perch is on the fireplace. He will sit there watching everything go on all day.

So...this past weekend we had a lot of our good friends from college come over for a "house-warming" party...there was about 15 of us and we went swimming in the lake, played a lot of rockband, and just sat and talked. It was a lot of fun, and we are hoping to make that a regular occurance. I didn't take any photos! (i know, isn't that rare?) I was having too much fun, and forgot all about it! We had about 7 of them stay the night and the next day our neighbor took some of us out on his boat! We rounded up Penny and she came along too! She LOVED the boat, and then when we stopped to swim, I threw her in the water...she didn't like that too much, but quickly got over it. She is such a sweet dog.

I am on week 2 of my new job! I LOVE it! I get to spend the day with 4 adorable children and believe me, they keep my busy! I will have to post some pics of them sometime soon. Tomorrow I am going to meet with a DJ in Matthews, NC to discuss a wedding they are doing with us (The Charmed Event) and so that will be my first experience with the wedding planner side of things. I am excited to get involved in the planning process.

Seth has applied for about ten jobs here in the Charlotte area and STILL hasn't heard anything from anyone..so a few days ago, we were eating dinner at Chick-fil-a (my ALL TIME FAVORITE restaurant) and he decided to get a job application. They told him there were full time positions available so the next day, he went and turned in the application. He was interviewed on the spot and then hired! We talked about it that evening and decided that it would be best if he took it. If something else a little better comes up, he will quite CFA, but until then, he is working there! I am excited for him to have a job and I really like the values and beliefs behind the company. He starts work on Friday!

That's what has been going on in the Jones household...i am sorry we've been kind of slow with the blog...it's been so busy here!

Hope everyone is doing well and I promise to be a better blogger!

Love,

Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment