19 April 2014

Winslow is 8 months old!

Weight: 21 pounds 6 ounces
Height
29.25 inches
Nicknames
: W, Win, Monkey, Little Fella
, Little Bear

Biggest milestone this month:  Mr. Winslow is CRAWLING.  ALL over the place.  He started crawling about two weeks ago (when he was 7.5 months) and is not INTO EVERYTHING.  Goodness he cannot sit still for one minute.  He is such a good crawler too! Never falls over or anything.  ALSO, he is pulling up on anything and everything too!  He actually started pulling up on things before he started crawling.  He will now crawl to the dresser, to the coffee table, to the chair and pull himself up on it.  He's also had quite a few tumbles..poor little guy.  He will pull up on his toys and hit his mouth or head.  Sometimes when he crawls over all his toys he will bonk his head..
 








 
Eating
:We are EIGHT months into breastfeeding. I am so proud of the both of us- In the beginning, it was such an accomplishment to even get to one or two months.  I love it and don't see any reason why we would quit anytime soon.  Little man now has FOUR teeth.  His bottom two, and his top two are halfway in now.  He is getting so big so fast!  He nurses 6 times a day (once in the middle of the night...at 3:30am like clockwork).  I tried cutting out that nighttime feeding and felt guilty because what IF he really is hungry in the night?  I don't want to keep him from eating just because I'm tired...but then again, I want sleep. ha!  I think if he hasn't cut out the nighttime feeding by 9 months, I will help him, but otherwise I'll keep waking up this month. Oh motherhood, it's so confusing.  I want sleep, but I also don't want to cut out this feeding because I feel bad.  Ha! I'm crazy.  ANYWAY.


He has been eating LOTS of new foods this month and loving it. He gets purees while I'm at work and when he's home with me, I do a mix of purees and table food (Baby Led Weaning)  We are getting adventurous with food and so far he loves pureed Spinach, Peas, Apples, Pears, Broccoli, Beets, Butternut Squash, Green Beans, and Carrots.  As far as BLW goes, he eats Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Puffs, Mum mums, Broccoli, white potatoes and we are going to try some chicken, ham and cheese soon.  We've not done a whole bunch in the BLW department because I haven't done a whole bunch of research and want to make sure things are safe for him.  But I am excited to see how he can grab food himself and feed himself.  It really helps control how much he wants to eat and help develop his chewing skills instead of just swallowing purees.  I think doing a mix of both is working well for us.




Sleeping: Doing pretty good in the sleep department.  He still wakes up to eat at 4am, but then he sleeps until 6:30-7am.  Sometimes he will wake up at 6:15 (which is SUPER early to me because I can't get my butt in bed before 10 or 10:30) but otherwise he sleeps well.  He goes to bed between 7-7:30pm.   When he's at home with me he usually naps at 9, 1, and a small nap at 4 or 4:30. When he's at my MIL's house he sleeps a little less..he hates missing out when
 

 

 

Diapers:
Cloth diapers..I try not to buy so many new ones because the reason I started doing it in the first place is because we wanted to save money and it's better for his bum, but there are so many cute prints!  I just ordered one with bicycles all over it and loveee it.  He also has one in his Easter Basket...what can I say? I'm addicted.  And it helps me justify buying one when I know he can use it until he potty trains.  I'm thinking about doing a post about our cloth diaper routine and what I like about it.
 














 
Likes
: Being thrown up in the air, seeing and talking to himself in the mirror, Sophie the Giraffe,  riding in the cart at Target,  crawling everywhere, trying new foods, pulling up on everything (we've lowered his crib alllll the way down)

Dislikes
: changing clothes, getting out of the bath, sometimes naps, getting his diaper changed, having toys taken away from him (can you say spoiled?)

Can't get this little one to sit still anymore!

We love you so much!!!





1 comment:

  1. I would love a post on cloth diapering... What you like, tips, brands, etc! Also, love the rolls! Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete