04 April 2011

Chalkboard Tray.

Please be patient with me as I am in the process of getting a new blog template! Thanks!!!

The other day at Goodwill, I found this tray for $1.99.  It was originally from Target {says the sticker on the back} and I knew I could do something fun with it.


You can see that the glass is really old and musty looking. I tried cleaning it, but it still looks like this.

Enter: handy dandy chalkboard paint!

I painted the bottom of the tray and just cleaned up the sides with wipes.



{I made up the names, but then realized that my sis-in-laws best friend is named Jessica and she dates someone named Mark! haha)

So now when we have guests over, they can be greeted personally with a sweet message and a bottle of wine!



I think it was worth my $2!

-Kait

Linking this project up to Not Just a Housewife.

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea- I absolutely love that you can write a message on it to welcome them! Plus it looks like it was an easy project but it turned out beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, time to go tray hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete