27 April 2011

Lots going on...

1. Have you seen Water For Elephants?

Hubby and I went last night and we both thought it was amazing. It was such an emotional movie (some parts I cried and other parts I wanted to scream from anger)! I want to see it again.  Reese Witherspoon is such a doll, and Robert Pattinson did a wonderful job.  I read the book a while ago and was very glad it followed so closely to the book.  So if you need a good movie to see, head on over and watch this one!

2. Work is wearing me out.  This 40 hours/ week stuff makes me feel so useless when I get home! I haven't been able to craft in a couple weeks and it's bumming me out-I did sew a skirt for myself last night, and it made me very happy!  Hopefully I will find some inspiration soon and get to crafting.

3.  We made our way to Raleigh for Easter weekend and spent time with my in-laws.  We had a great time relaxing, catching up on sleep, and I got to go on a mini-shopping spree with my sis!  The weather was great and our Penny girl loved being able to run around outside in the yard.  Speaking of Penny:

{Penny after bathtime}

She has been being a bad girl lately and not using the bathroom outside!!! She has gone to the bathroom TWICE in our house.  She hasn't ever done this before, unless she is really sick.  Yesterday, I had just brought her in from being outside and she walked in the door, stared at me and pottied on the FLOOR! Ugh, I could have strangled her.  (NOT really)  I don't know what is the deal..  I had to give her a bath after this incident because she decided to lay in it afterwards...isn't she a smarty?

So now I'm asking you guys:  Do you have any tips on how to get the "animal potty smell" out of the carpet?  I have cleaned it up really well, but still smell a faint pee smell. ICK!  Y'all got any good cleaning advice for me?

4. I am very excited to announce that my husband is going to be attend Campbell Law School in the fall.  We'll move to Raleigh (that's about 3.5 hours from where we are now) in July and then he'll start in August..that means a new job for me and hopefully I'll find one I really love.  I am so stinkin' proud of him for all he's done to get here and can't wait to see him succeed.  Love you, babe!


5. Our one year anniversary is coming up next month and we are talking about going on a trip.   Where to, you ask? Well we want to go with some friends (so not the typical "lovey dovey, we've been together for a year" kind of trip) and have been throwing around ideas for Destin, FL or Gulf Shores, AL...have any of you ever been there?  Or do you have any other beachy destinations that you love?

6.  I'm still likin' the new do....I love that it only takes me like 7 minutes to blow dry and it's also easy to fix.  I'm glad I made the plunge into short hairdom.


7. My birthday is coming up next month as well..and guess what I'm asking for from hubby?  

new
sewing
machine.


WHOOO HOOO!!! I'm so excited.  I can't wait to go shopping and pick one out!

Just one more snippit for you.

While at work today, during the hustle and bustle of it all, I looked around and thought "I am so blessed."  I have an incredible husband who is attending law school in the fall, we are moving to Raleigh and will be close to family and friends, our bills and groceries get paid for each month thanks to steady jobs, and we both have hobbies that we love. (Tennis and crafting/couponing.)  I literally was smiling to myself for a few minutes just thinking about it.  The Lord has definately blessed us, and I am certainly not deserving of any of it.  Next time you get a moment, just stop and think about how blessed you are.  It's so easy to dwell on the not-so-fortunate situations, such as Penny peeing on the carpet, or her vet bill that cost us $250...but even if things don't go exactly as planned, think about all the great things that are happening.  I hope it'll make you smile. 


Hope you have a WONDERFUL Thursday.  Remember that you are blessed. :)

-Kait

7 comments:

  1. i saw water for elephants twice.... in twenty four hours. haha i know, a bit ridiculous. but I LOOOOOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how much you are wanting to spend on a trip but for our honeymoon and one year anniversary we went to Cancun Mexico and Stayed at Sun Palace resorts.

    It is all inclusive so all the food and drinks are free plus they include excursions like swimming with the dolphins! Pretty amazing!

    Whens ya birthday? My birthday is June 1 and I want a really cute Cruiser bike with a bell and all. Hope ya get what ya want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your husband. I love Raleigh- there is so much to see and do around there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on law school! J is finishing his last year of law school and looking back it's been a winding but exciting ride, which I hope you and your hubby find as well!

    Also, thanks for the reminder to be always be grateful--we have been blessed with so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the haircut!
    my hair was the length your used to be too and i cut it last september. best decision ever! I cut it to the length you have now and i dont think i will ever go back. I love that it takes less than 10 minutes now to do my hair! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On your "faint pee smell" Take equal parts water/peroxide and 1 tsp of baking soda and a drop of Dawn liquid detergent. Do a test spot on your carpet. Work it in really well and let it set over night. Then dab it up w/ a white towel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your hair, so happy for SETH--so happy you're happy.

    I MISS YOU.
    come see us in Pensacola!!!!! Way better than Destin and Gulf Shores! lots to do.... :)

    ReplyDelete