03 May 2011

Coffee Table Redo

This past weekend I took a trip to Goodwill and found a coffee table for $30. It was just what I wanted so I snatched it up (I tried to talk them down, but they wouldn't budge!)

I've been wanting a new one for when we move in a couple months.  The one we have now is from IKEA and although it gets to job done, it's just not my style. It's the "modern, sleek, bachelor pad" look and I like the more "country living, semi-rustic" look.

So here is a before picture (this is after I sanded it..there was green paint on all the edges and on the legs...it was painted very poorly and was a pain to get off!)


 So I sanded it, stripped the paint, sanded it again, painted the bottom half with Krylon Ivory spraypaint, stained the top half with Special Walnut stain from Miniwax, put a coat of Polyurethane on the top and this is how it turned out:




 I LOVEEE it.

I think I've walked by it 25 times just to stare at it.  I love the wood grains on the top and the crisp white bottom.  I may do a little distressing before it's all said and done, but for now..I love it like that.

For $40 in all, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

If I can just sell my old one on Craiglist for $25, I will be pleased as punch.  :)

Happy Wednesday!!

-Kait

Linking up with Blue Cricket Design  ,Transformation Thursday , Chic on a Shoestring Decorating , Hodgepodge Friday.
and Feature Yourself Friday and Finding Fabulous.
Weekend Wrap Up Party. 

18 comments:

  1. you're sooo talented! :)
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I want to do the same to my little (I painted it) white coffee table - love letting the natural wood remain on the top. Thanks for sharing at Show and Tell! I "followed" your blog while here :)

    Mary
    www.Redo101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks great, i LOVE the two toned look! i had a table like that, but gave it to friends. it didn't look as cute as yours, it was more along the lines of the "before." now i wish i had it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Great work, Kait!

    Good luck selling the other one--I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW What a great end result!!! So pretty!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I usually opt to distress but I think you could go either way. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Adorable!! Would love if you linked up to my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party, going on right now.

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/05/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, Kaitlin! I am thinking of refinishing a table Zac's mom gave us. Did you use a foam brush or paint brush to stain your coffee table?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is just gorgeous! That is a great table for only $40 and some love.

    I found you from Chic on a Shoestring decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT find and a fabulous makeover! I would walk by it all day too :)

    I'd love it if you'd link this project up to The AFTER Party @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage...

    http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/

    Cheers,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I love that you left the top wood. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I just started a new linky this would be perfect for. Please come link up would ya?

    http://nikkisniknacks.blogspot.com/2011/05/trial-run-of-salvage-it-saturday.html

    ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! I love Goodwill and paint hehe! It looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    Deanna

    http://deelitefulcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That turned out so cute! I'm featuring you in my Flaunt it Friday features, stop by and grab an "I was featured" button if you'd like. Thanks for linking Flaunt it Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’d like to visit your weblog extra often however recently it appears to be taking endlessly to come up.
    I go to from work, and our connection there is pretty good.
    Do you assume the issue may very well be on your end?


    My web blog how to increase chances of getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi--love this. Just wondering...Did you use Ivory Satin or Gloss for this project?

    ReplyDelete