28 May 2011

One year ago today...

I said "I do".

I married the love of my life.
My "gentle giant".  (He is 6'5"!)
It was the best day of my life and I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly!
We have had such an awesome year together. The Lord has blessed us so much and we owe it all to Him.

I love remembering our wedding day.  It was filled with so much love, joy, happiness, and even a few really funny memories that I can look back on and laugh.

Here is one:


I was watching my bridesmaids walk down the aisle and there were only 2 left to go.  All of a sudden, I just lost all my "control" because I was so nervous and started to tinkle on my self!  Once I noticed what the heck was going on, I looked at my wedding planner, Katie, and said "KATIE, I AM PEEING ON MYSELF AND I CAN'T STOP!"  My dad was with my too, since we was about to walk me down the aisle, and he looked at Katie and said "WHAT DO I DO?!"


Yep.  True story.

Oh, the memories.  So, the harpist had to play an extra stanza of the song while I made a quick trip to the bathroom to relieve myself.  I then ran back to the door where I was supposed to walk out and everything was fine.  And don't worry, it was just a little accident.  I didn't have to change clothes or anything...I mean, I really couldn't have changed into anything else.  I didn't have a "backup dress". (How many people do? None..)

Or here's another:

My brother didn't try on his suit when he picked it up (good job, bro!) and had to have the right one overnighted. He picked it up an HOUR before the wedding. It worked out though..

It would have been a funny sight to see him in a suit 4 sizes too small on him, though!

Here are a few of my favorite photos from our special day...


 My best friends.
 All my maids, my mom, and Seth wrote on my shoes!
 Here is Seth reading letters that I wrote to my future husband since I was 16 years old all the way until our wedding day.



 This was right after the "accident" hah!





 My dad and I did the thriller dance in the middle of our father daughter dance!


 Of course, hubby had a tennis cake.


Seth, I love you.  A year ago today, I thought I couldn't love you more..but I was wrong.  You are such a wonderful man inside and out and I am extremely lucky to call you my husband.  Thank you for putting up with my stubbornness.

Life is so much sweeter with you in it and I am looking forward to saying these exact words when we celebrate 50 years together. 

3 comments:

  1. I love yall! Happy Anniversary my sweet, beautiful, loving cousin! You and Seth are great together and I'm THRILLED to see how blessed and happy yall are! Here's to many, MANY more years of love and bliss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these stories! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I had to pee right before my dad walked me down the aisle too--I was really calm most of the morning and then in the last few minutes when the music started, it all really hit me. My maids helped me with my dress with not a moment to spare before they had to walk down the aisle :)

    ReplyDelete