16 May 2011

Sangria and cupcakes!

I woke up this morning around 4am with a mini stomach bug/food poisoning...it was horrible.  I don't know about you, but there aren't many things I hate worse than getting sick to my stomach.

So, I didn't go into work and lied around in bed all day being pitiful.  The only productive thing I've done is go to the grocery store and walk Penny.


I also scored some great deals at CVS yesterday:

2 bottles of shampoo
2 tubes of Neutrogena sunscreen
3 deodorants
18 rolls of paper towels

The total before coupons and sales: $56.67
The total after coupons and sales: $5.25
That's a total savings of 91%! :)


I'm getting my coupon binder ready for Harris Teeter triples week that starts on Wednesday-that means the store will triple any coupon up to .99 cents!

In just 12 days, hubby and I are making our way to Charleston for our 1 year anniversary trip!!  I am so excited-I can't wait to lay out on the beach with a good book in hand.  Here's where we are staying (it looks great!):





Boy am I ready.

My birthday is also coming up on the last day of May! Hubby has been asking me what kind of sewing machine I may want....  :) whoo hoo!! Looks like I may be getting one!

If you have a sewing machine, I would love your input! Do you like yours? What kind do you have?  Was it worth the money you paid?

I am a beginner at sewing, so I don't need anything extravagant, but I do want something that will still be great to use when I do get better at it.

Now, I am going to leave you with a few random photos I found while perusing the internet from bed all day:

OMG.  If I found this picture a year ago, this would have SO been my exact wedding cake.  I love love love it. 

Also, I found a YUMMY recipe I am sharing in celebration of summertime being so close!!

Does this not look absolutely incredible?

Strawberry and Peach Sangria 
Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
  • 1 1/2 cups Essensia (orange Muscat, a sweet dessert wine)
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 cup peach liqueur
  • 3 peaches, each cut into 12 slices
  • 1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
  • 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices
  • 1/4 cup strawberry syrup (optional)
  • 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
Mix white wine, Essensia, strawberries, peach liqueur, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and strawberry syrup in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly. Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice.  taken from epicurious.com

YUM!!!!!

Also,  I CANNOT WAIT to make these cupcakes.  We are hosting a cookout in a couple weeks and I found the perfect dessert.

My all-time favorite flower is a hydrangea.  And look at the cupcakes:


  P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

Can you tell I was lazy and unproductive all day?


Hope y'all had a great Monday!

-Kait

4 comments:

  1. Just the title of this post made me want to read it. lol.
    Sangria is always good, and the cupcakes are gorgeous!! Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you weren't feeling well! Stomach bugs are the worst :(

    Those are some great savings you've got there though--nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What books are you taking on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sangria Recipe looks amazing! I am going to have to try it! Also, way to go with those coupons...another thing I've been wanting to get into!

    ReplyDelete