26 May 2011

Headin' South!

Tomorrow the hubby and I are heading to Charleston to celebrate our first year of marriage!  I can't believe it's already been a year-time sure does fly!

We both had a tough week at work, so this could not come at a better time.  Speaking of work, I am going to be looking for a new job for when we move to Raleigh next month!  Job hunting makes me nervous/sick to my stomach/ etc...wouldn't life be easier if jobs were just thrown at you?  But alas, they are not...so I am going to begin my search.  Please keep me in your prayers, thanks!



My birthday is also coming up... :)  It's on Tuesday...and I am so excited.  I love birthdays.

Also, we found a rental house in the Raleigh area for law school!  It's so perfect for us, we cannot wait!


It has a front porch, a screened in "side" porch, and a bathtub! The house we live in now doesn't have that.  It also has a fenced in backyard for our puppy!  It's in a great neighborhood, about fifteen minutes from hubby's law school, and fifteen minutes from his parents. It's going to be great living so close to our family. 

Guess what that also means for me?  I get to decorate a new house! Yahoooo!!!!!  I am already thinking of ideas for paint/curtains/ mantle decorations (the living room has a wood burning fireplace)  So, you'll be seeing lots of updates/DIY in the next couples months as we moved.

Speaking of decor...we are going to be getting a new couch.  I'm thinking about one from IKEA because I like the prices.  Anyone out there have a couch from Ikea?  If so, do you like it?  

BUT..


I AM NOT EXCITED ABOUT PACKING.  Does anyone else HATE packing as much as I do?  (Logan, I know you do!)  We have exactly one month to pack up everything and be moved. 

Sadly, the amount of  "stuff" in our house has increased, due to my decoratings/ DIYing self.  Hubby is begging me to donate/sell/give away some things...I guess I better get on that.



A couple more random pieces of info.  My "professional" blog makeover is almost done! I CANNOT wait to show it off. I loveeeeeee it.  Here's a sneak peek of what it includes:

My favorite flower ever! I love hydrangeas.  Love them.  I may or may not have picked those from the middle of a neighborhood cul-de-sac.  I couldn't help myself...I was dreaming about hydrangeas for weeks and when I saw them, I had to have them.  (Just know that the bush had like 100's of stems.  It was GINORMOUS)  So, I'm sure no one even missed them. :)


I hope you have a great weekend! We'll be soaking in the South Carolina sun (IF it doesn't rain!)  I'll be back soon with updates on our trip! 

Have a happy Friday!

-Kait

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little house! Can't wait to see what you do with the place :)

    Sending good vibes your way for your interview!

    ReplyDelete