11 May 2011

An assortment...




Look at these beautiful flowers I picked from our yard!  Few things smell better than a fresh rose from the garden, dontcha think?  I love the colors in the yellow/orange/pink rose.  This is one of the bazillion reasons why I love summertime...

 See that blue pillow right there?  It's a placemat from Target ($2.99) that I made into a pillow.  LOVE IT!  I'm thinking about stamping "Howdy" on the front.


 And lastly, I added some pizazz to a plain white dishtowel...RUFFLES!! I lovee ruffles.  I mean, who doesn't?  I plan on making more for gifts and such.  It's so easy and a great inexpensive way to add a lot of "cute-ness" to your kitchen!

Also, a few good summer reads for you:


1. Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin.  Such an easy and good book..I am planning on seeing the movie this weekend with my sis and mom-in-law!

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I've only read 60 pages, but I already love it. They are also making this into a movie as well.  Guess I'll have to see that too

Got any good summer reading for me?  I would love any suggestions!

P.S. I am in the process of getting a "real" blog makeover (from someone who knows what they're doing) so be patient, and I promise it's the last one for a long long time!)

4 comments:

  1. I loved, loved, loved The Help and can't wait to see what they do for a movie. Another interesting book I read a while back was Wench which looks at this vacation community where slave owners would bring their mistresses North every summer--it's a novel but is based on historical events. I hope other people leave suggestions because I am always looking for new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using placemats to make pillows! They're the perfect size and make it SO easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I commented already, but blogger died. You should read Water for Elephants. The movie is in theaters now, but the book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished 'Something Blue' and LOVED it! thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete