08 May 2011

To my mother...

Dear Mom,

Sometimes I don't always tell you how thankful I am, or how much you mean to me, but I want you to know that everything I am is because of you.

You have taught me...
how to be a Godly woman
to work hard for what I want
to laugh when things don't always go as planned
to understand the value of honesty
that the best things in life aren't just handed to you
 that studying DOES pay off
so does eating your green beans
kindness is the best "retaliation"
and so much more...

Thank you for raising me into a lady and for always supporting me even when it may have been hard to do! (For instance, when I was age 12-18)

Thank you...
for giving me my first kitten at age 5
for dragging me to church when I wanted to sleep in
for bringing me lunch at elementary school (because that was the cool thing to do)
for throwing me an awesome Sweet 16 birthday party
for allowing me to be a cheerleader (because that was SO important to me then)
for letting me go off to my college of choice (Gig 'em Aggies!)
for letting me run off to NC and chase a boy (who is now my husband, thank you!)
for the wedding of my dreams.


Thank you for all you do.



You are my hero. 

I love you so much!


-Kait








2 comments:

  1. I love this post--so many of the things you are thankful for I am too (especially the part about dragging me to church, my surprise sweet 16 party and letting me chase J across the country) :)

    Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete