03 August 2011

It's August.

Is it really August?  I mean..it was just MARCH.  Where did the summer go?   Before I know it, winter will be here.

So...I have been busy making some adorable baby "items" for my bestie, Holli, who is due to have a little girl in December. I can't wait to share the goodies, but I have to wait until she gets them in the mail before I post them on here!!!

Other than that,  life around here has consisted of a little traveling, grilling, and going to the pool.  It's been nice being unemployed, but I am READY to start my career.  I had an interview today and they called me back for a 2nd one tomorrow-keep me in your prayers! I'm thinking this could be a great job for me.

Want to know some random tidbits about life lately?  I'm sure you do.

1.  We had our friend, Brian, over for a few nights.  I am pretty sure hubby and him are going to best buds forever.




2.  Yesterday, my bestie Rachel and I went to our Alma Mater (Appalachian State) for the day.  It was a long drive (3 hrs each way) but it was well worth it.  We got to see a couple great friends and it made me so sad to realize that I am an alumni! I know it's been over a year, but it seems like I should still be in college.   Sometimes I long for the simplicity of college life.  The only thing I worried about was an upcoming test....not bills, jobs, marriage, more bills,  etc. But I love being married, so I guess it works out.  :)

3. I love going to the Farmer's Market.  We go once or twice a week and tonight for dinner, we grilled some fresh sweet corn on the cob.  It was delish.

4.  We've gone over a month without TV..it hasn't been hard, but I am excited to catch up on House Hunters, Extreme Home Makeover..anything HGTV.  LOVE that channel.

5.  Check out these gorgeous flowers from the market.  At $5 a bouquet, it doesn't get much better than this:

6.  My computer is currently dead.  It won't turn on for some reason!  It makes me so mad, because it's not even 1.5 years old!  I guess I will pay a visit to the Geek squad.  I have so many photos that I haven't backed up (thousands, really)  and I would really like for it to work soon.

7.  Hubby's law school starts in less than two weeks!  He is super nervous, but I know he will do AMAZING.

8.  We are heading to the beach on SATURDAY.  I seriously CANNOT wait.  OMG.  I am so excited.

9.  I love my furry children.  Check out this chunker-I have put him on a diet...for real.

10.  Look at this sweet face.  Makes me melt.


Time for me to get to bed- I will update about the job soon!

Happy Thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. Brinkli cant wait to see what auntie kait has made for her..(really, momma cant wait to see!) ;) Ha. <3 you

    ReplyDelete