22 August 2011

A stepping stone...

I've been doing some thinking lately.  A lot of it actually...since, I was currently jobless.

Until today.

That's right...I have a job!  It's not what I would initially have chosen for myself, but it's a job.  And it provides money for me to support my husband, and our furry children.

I have been jobless for about 2 months.  And my application is currently floating around 20-25 businesses.  And not a peep from one of them.

Y'all.

The job markets SUCKS.
S
U
C
K
S
.

Most of the jobs out there say "Must have 2-3 years of experience".  Well.how in the world am I supposed to get experience when most jobs require it?  I mean, you gotta start somewhere, right?  How you do GAIN experience when no one will hire you because you don't have ENOUGH expereience?  Sheesh.. ANYWAY...



So I went to Chick-fil-a.  And they interviewed me the next day and hired me 2 days later.  I am currently training to be a manager.  Which is great.  I am excited about it.  I haven't actually started working, but that will happen this week sometime.  And I will be evaluated every couple of months to see how I'm doing and then hopefully be promoted to manager.  Things are looking up! :)

Chick-fil-a is a great company.  And it also gives me the opportunity to do something else really exciting...

I may be going back to school to get my masters!  It's not a done deal just yet,  but we are throwing ideas around.  So this may give me the opportunity to be off work by 3 and attend either online or take some night classes next semester.  We will see...

For those of you who are "new" followers..hubby and I moved to Georgia right after we got married.  I was going to graduate school at UGA for my masters in Social Work..and then got a job opportunity as an assistant for a wedding planning firm...you can read more about that here.   Long story short, that didn't work out.  And now hubby is in law school and I am providing for our family while he studies. 

But the good news is, I have a job.  and the stresses I had of providing for my family is slowly diminishing.  I was so scared of not making enough money. I was scared of failing.  But praise the Lord, I have some stability.

Thank you Lord!  He will always provide for His children, even if it's not MY idea of provision.  You know, my dream job would have been a social worker at an adoption agency or a marriage and family counselor..but right now at this stage of my life, I am blessed and thankful for a source of income.  Because a lot of families don't have that.

And this is not the end of the road for me.  This is a stepping stone to who I want to become.  I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me.

 On a totally different note,

My mom and stepdad also paid us a visit!  AND she solved the issue of my blank wall that our TV is on.  Read about that here.  I will be posting about that tomorrow.

AND  another post is in the works about organizing.  And man, I am excited about that one.

Stay tuned!






2 comments:

  1. I love how humbling this post is. You are exactly right, how are we supposed to get jobs without jobs? And chick-fil-a is a wonderful company. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great job news!!!

    ReplyDelete