12 December 2011

Advent Conspiracy.

I don't know about you but I find myself getting stressed out about the gift buying, the cooking, the running errands in preparation for Christmas. 

Anyone else feel that way yet?

But what's funny to me is this:

Why is it that people get the most stressed out about Christmas when it should be the holiday that is the LEAST stressful? 

The most important part of this holiday is not about giving or receiving presents.

It's about the birth of Jesus. and what he did here on earth.  He didn't run around like a busy bee searching for gifts.. he gave.

He gave his time.  his gifts.  his love.  and then he gave his life.

and that's what I am trying to focus on this year.

It's so easy for me to worry about getting the right gift for my family or making sure I spend X amount of dollars on this or that...

but that's not important.

what IS important is giving yourself. your time. your love.  like Jesus did.

I hope you don't get too caught up in the hustle and bustle and instead sit at the feet of Jesus and thank him for what he gave us.  Eternal life.

Check out this video, I think you'll like it.

 

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Some things to look for this week:
I am sharing a yummy holiday recipe and perhaps a little DIY project...pretty excited about it!

P.S.  Just had to share this cute picture that  I snapped today!




Xoxo,

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! love that sweet picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic! Your pup is too cute! And I totally have to remind myself what all the Christmas stuff is all about...it's easy to get wrapped up in all the merchandising of it. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true. it's so easy to get caught up in everything when really it's just awesome to be celebrating Jesus' birth.
    btw very cute photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post!!!
    Love the cute picture too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advent video and super cute photo!!!

    ReplyDelete