27 December 2011

Bacon wrapped jalepenos with cream cheese filling

I hope y'all all had a very merry Christmas!  We did and I will share photos soon of our fun-filled day!

In case you are planning a New Years Eve party, I wanted to share this  YUMMY recipe with you. I made these for Christmas and they were a hit!

Just a little warning: they do have a kick to them..afterall, they are jalepenos.

I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman...she never disappoints.
Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos

Ingredients:  Jalepenos, cream cheese, and bacon. That's all!

Well, toothpicks are optional, but they do help with keeping the bacon wrapped around and it's easier to eat.

*I wear latex-free gloves when I am cooking with jalapenos because something in their juices burns my hands..everyone is different, but if you're wondering why I have on gloves, it's to keep my hands from burning like fire for three days (I learned the hard way)*

Step one:  Wash and cut the ends of off the jalapenos. 


 Step two: Cut them in half and clean their seeds out..I call it their guts...same thing. ;)

 Step Three: Fill each half of the jalapeno to the top with cream cheese.


Step four:  Get your bacon and cut it into thirds, like so:
 
 Step five: Wrap the jalapeno with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. 

Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour-And viola!! An easy and SUPER yummy appetizer for New Year's Parties! 

Now you can crank up the degrees to 375 and cook for around 30 minutes if you want to..I have just found that the longer you cook them, the more flavorful they will be.  And I think the HOTNESS tends to get ramped up if you cook them longer...this last batch were extra hot and I cooked them for over an hour. 
I will be making them again.  Very soon.

I'm also pretty dang excited to share another recipe I made for Christmas...STUFFED MUSHROOMS.  They were SO delish.  
Happy Tuesday!

Xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment