28 February 2012

Chalkboard Wall

It was almost 10 o'clock on Monday night...

and I decided to paint a small wall in our hallway with chalkboard paint.

Why?  I'm not sure...but I am glad I did it.

Take a peek of the before:


Just another piece of wall...

Until!!! He got a facelift:

 I reall like the way it turned out.  I can now write messages to hubby on it, record our weekly menu, and jot down grocery lists, bible verses etc...  I decided to paint this wall because you can see it from the living room and from the kitchen/dining area.  It's a good central area for messages and creates a fun focal point in the hallway.

I just have to figure out how to cover the doorbell box...i didn't want to paint it because we are just renting and I can't really paint it back when we move out.  I am trying to think of a creative cover-up...we will see what I come up with.

Painting the wall was super easy.  All I did was paint one coat, let it dry and "season" the chalkboard with chalk.  I just rubbed a piece of chalk all over the wall, wiped it off with a damp paper towel, and then it's ready to use!

 

Anyone else have a place in their home with a chalkboard?  I'm excited to use this for fun messages and great reminders!

Happy Tuesday!

Xoxo,

Kait

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute & Fun Idea Kait!! :) You are adorable and I miss the joy you brought to my life in college! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaitlin! Check out my blog post to see the blog award I gave you!

    ReplyDelete