07 July 2013

Winslow's Nursery!

Y'all! I am ready to have a baby! His nursery is FINISHED! I can't wait to share photos, and I will do my best to make a source list as well in case you are interested in where I got something.  If you have any questions, just leave a comment and I'll do my best to reply soon!

I love the way his nursery turned out.  If you want to go back and look at my inspiration gallery, go here.  I'd say it stayed on target pretty close!  I am loving that most of the things in the nursery we did ourselves too. I love a good DIY project!

Introducing...

Our Little Boy's Nursery




 I bought the changing table/dresser from a thrift store in Raleigh for $20 y'all.  TWENTY dollars!  It was pretty beat up so I did a good sanding, primed, and painted it red.  Then I distressed it and added burlap knobs from Hobby Lobby.  I love the end result and it was the perfect antique piece that I was looking for.

 This might be my favorite part of this room: the reading nook.  Hubby built the window seat, my mom and I made the cushion with leftover quilt pieces from his bedding and canvas drop cloth, and I painted the window seat white. It also opens up for a toy box too! 
 The little fox is from my stepsister and stepmom and it came with a cute little book.

 My mom made the curtain and I painted brown stripes on the bottom. 
 Chevron rug from World Market for $60!


 The book ledges are just 1X2's that I nailed together with finishing nails.  Super super easy.  Then I stained it and hung it on the wall with little L brackets from Lowe's. 
 His crib is from Craigslist (originally from a really nice furniture store for over $900!) We bought it on Craigslist for $150.   His bedding I made from an old quilt I purchased on eBay. I bought the bumper pads for 50% off at Hobby Lobby, and then once I made the bumpers, they just fit in like a sleeve.  The chevron crib sheet is from Target. The little sock monkey blanket is from my mom but she got it at TJ Maxx.
 It was hard to get a photo of his mobile, but I made it from felt and stuffed the inside with pillow stuffing.  This is the first project I made for his nursery. :)  I love it. 

This piece of furniture, my husband made and I stained it a dark walnut.  The baskets are from Target and the vintage egg basket is from an antique store in Raleigh.  The lamp is a thrift store find that I spray painted orange.  My mother-in-law made the diaper cake for my baby shower. 






 There was a fan in here, but it was really rickety and only would work on high so we took it down and made our own light fixture- a chicken wire basket from HomeGoods that I removed the canvas inside and we bought a pendant kit from Lowe's for $20 and installed it.  I love the vintage look it gives the room.







 Sunshine canvas- HomeGoods
Wooden frame with Deer Art- Michaels
W letter-I  painted it red but it's from Michaels
All of the animal art is made by my friend, Nick.
Barn canvas- made by my best friend, Molly
Texas blue plate- antique store
Orange metal frame- Goodwill
Canvas of hubby and I- made by me
Bible verse crochet art- made by me
North Carolina State with heart over our hometown- made by me









Vintage Willie Nelson doll- from ebay.  Hubby insisted we get this. haha, he loves Willie Nelson


 Chicken wire frame- frame is from thrift store, and I just stapled chicken wire to the back.

 Lantern- HomeGoods
 Knobs- Hobby Lobby

 Antlers- my brother killed this deer and made a mount for it when he was visiting. It was the first deer he ever killed!
Barnwood knob peice- made by my stepsister
 Fox in glider is from IKEA
Glider is from amazon.
Blanket is from my sister-in-law

 Orange shelf was white and its from Goodwill.  I spraypainted it orange.  Those little shoes are from a friend back in Texas. How adorable, right!?  His name is on the front!



 Crib bedskirt is from amazon.  I added the yellow poms to the bottom.
 Growth chart made by me. 



 Changing pad cover and changing pad from amazon.


Wall color is Cafe Latte from Valpsar.

Any other questions?  Just leave a comment.

We are so ready to meet you, sweet Winslow!!!

Xoxo,

Kait

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously the cutest boy nursery! I looooove all your details. The reading nook is awesome and will be fun to grow into! I love the artwork and the light fixture.

    I know your son will definitely appreciate all the love you've put into his room!

    Well done, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I was being a creeper on Instagram & found the picture & link to Winslow's nursery! I love everything you did! I'm only 2 weeks behind you with our first, also a boy! Our nurseries are SO different... & that's what I love the most... the details & personality. Congratulations momma!

    ReplyDelete