13 November 2010

Darn sewing machine

When Seth and I got married, my mom let me have (or borrow until further notice) her sewing machine. It works really well even though it's kind of old but let me tell you something.

I HATE THREADING THAT DARN SEWING MACHINE. You see, I do a fine job of threading the needle but can't seem to get the blasted bobbin to catch. I am aware that many of you do not know that all this jargon means, but I just wanted to express my anger in hopes that I will try to thread it again soon.  UGH it makes me so angry I could throw it across the room though.  I spent an hour trying to do it. I looked up youtube videos, tutorials..everything.  And still no luck.  What's funny is that JUST LAST NIGHT I sewed part of a pillow with no trouble whatsoever. I threaded it, the bobbin caught and I showed it who was boss.

Now, it's going to be the death of me.  I just want to sew my ADORABLE Christmas pillows!!!

WHEW...

now that's that is off my chest, I will share with you a few other projects that I have done in the past few weeks.  First of all, meet my fall-ish wreath made of Burlap.

 I took it off my door because the light was not cooperating inside, that's why I took these pictures outside.
 I made a few flowers with some fabric I had left over from a previous project and just pinned them on there.  That way, I can change them out with the seasons! I love the "country rustic" feel that Burlap gives to a home.  

Here is what it looks like when it's on the door in our dining area:

 It was easy to make and didn't take too terribly long.  I got the tutorial somewhere online, but can't remember where! If any of you know, just email me and I will give credit where it's due.

I also picked up a shelf from goodwill for a whopping two dollars. It was just dark wood, but was really scratched up and old looking so I gave it a nice new coat of spray paint and it goes wonderfully in our room!



I also distressed it a tad and then added a little blue green paint.  It's the same color as the quilt/comforter on our bed.

I also did the same thing to two more shelves that I got FO FREE! My friend was about to trash them and so I took them so she didn't have to!They are now in our living room!!







I just threw that random decor on the shelves. I kind of like it, but I kind of don't. See my little scarecrow man?  He was 80% off at Hobby Lobby.  I paid around 3 dollars for him.  Cute, huh?

And last, but not least for today..here are some place mats turned pillows that I converted. yes, they were place mats at Wal-mart and I thought they would be the perfect pillow! I got out my seam ripper and tore the seam from one side of the bottom and just stuffed it with pillow filling!  i love them. so fall-ish. 




pretty little fall leaf pillows...mmm..I love fall.

but i also love Christmas. and you better believe i already know how i am going to decorate our home. i can't wait!  (i don't know why i just wrote that whole sentence with incorrect capitalization...oh well)

So, i hope this inspired you to stay with the fall season a teensy bit longer...Christmas will be here soon, but keep embracing fall!!  You'll miss the crisp cool weather and yummy colored trees!



1 comment:

  1. pillows turned out great!! love them! cant wait to see your Christmas pillows! <3 you

    ReplyDelete