18 March 2013

A weekend project.

This weekend I was going to start on the baby bedding I will be making out of an old quilt (I CANNOT wait to share it!) BUT I went all over town looking for some piping and couldn't find any.

SO, i decided to tackle another project that's been on my to do list:  stencil my bedroom wall!

I received a stencil for Christmas from my in-laws and was waiting to find out if baby Jones was a boy or girl. If he was a she, I was going to stencil the wall behind her crib.  BUT he's not a she, so I was excited to use it on my bedroom wall!



I am SOO pleased with the outcome.  I am not going to lie, this was tedious and took some work, but like any project, it's understandable.

The stencil I used was the Anna Damask stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils and I was very impressed at how easy it was to use.  At first, I was intimidated but the paint didn't bleed through not one time, and I didn't have to wait for the paint to dry after each stencil.  It was such a great purchase.  The only thing I would change is that I would purchase the stencil level they sell in order to make the process even easier.

Here's the final reveal:



I love it, even my hubby does!  It makes the bedroom feel so much larger and since this room is not large to begin with, I am thankful for that.

So my encouragement to you is this:  Don't be afraid to use a stencil.  Once you get going, it's not hard!  You can do it! :)

Xoxo,

Kait

3 comments:

  1. That wall looks fantastic! Seriously, what a difference! Good to know that it wasn't difficult, because I was already questioning my ability to keep the stencil straight and avoid bleeding! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I love it!!! Where did you purchase the stencil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bought off of etsy! Cutting Edge Stencils is the name and I believe they have a website. :)

      Delete