30 April 2013

A name...

Choosing a name for this precious baby boy in my belly definitely gave me some gray hairs.  Though, I'm not gonna lie, we had his name "picked out" before we even knew he was a boy. But I was just goofy and tried to think of others that I liked just as well.

 A week or two before our gender reveal, I suddenly thought that this little peanut might be a boy (I could have bet $1000 it was going to be a girl)  and I freaked out a little.

I already had a girl name picked out, but a boy name?  We had like 3 or 4 that we liked.  I thought the minute we knew "boy" or "girl", we would have a name...  nope.  Didn't happen.

Well, we both decided that his name would be ________ and then I told a few friends and they were like "hmmmmm" which made me a little apprehensive.  I know it doesn't really matter what others think of baby names, and if you love it, then that's all that matters, but I still started second guessing our choice.

A few more weeks went by, and I told a few more people the choices we had narrowed it down to and they, of course, said "Oh I like ____" or "I don't like ____" .  Some of them liked his name, some did not..

And then I decided not to give a damn. Ha!

I woke up one morning and said to myself "You know what?  This is MY child, and I LOVE this name.  If others don't like it, then that's their problem."  I had been so worried about whether or not people liked it, that I second guessed my choice..  Hubby, on the other hand, always had a "I don't give a dang" attitude and was relieved when I told him I (finally) felt the same way.

SO...

his name?

Yes, let's get to it.


Our little babe's name will be...


WINSLOW

His middle name is a family name and for privacy purposes, won't be sharing it juse because there are creepy people out here in cyberspace, but we love it too.  It's been in the family for a long time, and it makes him extra special.  

We wanted a name that was NOT common, and that was classic and unique.  It's a name that sounds adorable when he is 3 and also sounds sophisticated when he is 93.  

I hope you like it, Baby Winslow! (You don't really have a choice!)    ;)

We love you and CANNOT wait to meet you in just three months!



 Xoxo,

Kait
  


4 comments:

  1. Such a cute name! Very different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeee his name! And yours and Seth's picture. You look so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting to meet Baby Winslow....the most handsome baby boy- ever-I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name. And the top you are wearing in the picture of you and Seth is soooo cute! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete