04 October 2011

A constant companion.

I hope a good weekend was had by all! Ours was great...except the fact that my bicycle got stolen from my carport.  I rode it to work on Saturday, parked it in my carport afterwards...and then around 7pm I noticed it was gone..and the helmet was left in our front yard.

I was so upset! I hate that people feel they have to steal to get somewhere in life. 

Makes me mad. 

Yes, we should have locked it up, but I was going to once it got dark...too late, i guess.

But anyway, other than that..we had a good weekend. 

I have been really busy with work lately.  Worked 11-9pm yesterday, got up at 4am and worked until 2..and so I haven't had time to blog like I want to.

I am hoping to get back in the groove though, don't worry!



You know how they say a dog is the greatest companion? ( Don't really know who said it, but i'm sure you've heard it.)

Well..I have been thinking a lot about that lately.  Penny is up every morning to greet me, she wags her tail (even at 4am) and sits patiently to go outside while I'm getting ready.  She never once whines, barks, or becomes impatient.  She just sits there waiting on me.


When I get home from work, she is so excited to see me. Her tails wags like crazy, and her eyes light up.  It's the sweetest thing in the world.  She then lays on the ground at my feet while I'm unwinding from the day. Then around 7pm, I feed her dinner. She never once gets up and runs into the kitchen, she never sits at her bowl.  She will wait however long it takes me to get her dinner ready and then she eats it.

Then it's right back at my feet. 

Isn't that how God wants us to be with him?   Always trusting in him no matter what. Never asking why or when or how? To clarify, it's okay to ask those questions, but sometimes I ask them and doubt God's provision.

Every single day, Penny sits at my feet.  We should be doing that with God.  Sitting at his feet, asking for his grace and not whining, or getting impatient when things don't go like we want them to.

I'm sure Penny would sometimes like to be fed earlier than 7pm..but she doesn't ever once let me know that.  I'm sure she sometimes doesn't want to get up when she is sleeping to go outside..but she does. 

My prayer this week is that I would be more like Penny. That I would learn how to rely fully on God as Penny does on me.  To relinquish my control on my own life and give it to God. 

I love it when the Lord gives me such tangible life examples such as these.  I am so thankful for Penny and I know that even though she is just a dog, I can learn from her in ways that I never really thought before.

2 comments: