11 October 2011

When the going gets rough.

Sheesh.  We have had a pretty crazy few days...

1.  We made a trip to the Emergency Room this morning around 5am.  Hubby has been having some pretty bad wheezing the past couple of weeks and it got really bad the past couple of days.  When he layed down to sleep this morning around 3 (he stayed up real late studying) he couldn't breathe at all really.  He said it felt like he could only breathe in a tiny bit.  So..we made a trip to the ER and it turns out...he has viral bronchitis.  That was causing his shortness of breath, and pain in his chest.  He is okay now, but we've had a long day.

 Of course I had to take a picture of him in his sexy hospital gown.  ;)

2.  I've just been having a hard past few days.  I've been trying to rely on the Lord for guidance, that he will provide for Seth and I, that we will not worry about anything. 

And then I was reminded of this.  I am posting it on my bathroom mirror:

PRAY.

If you worry you didn't pray. 
If you pray don't worry. 

I am trying my best to give God all my worry, my anxiety, my doubt.   It seems that these times are when I learn the most about obedience and trust.  Although it's hard, I am thankful for the lessons.

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

On another note:

I have fully decided that fall is my favorite season.



I can't get enough of pumpkins, mums, gourds, cornmazes, golden red trees, fall scented candles, crisp air..you know..I couild probably go on for years about how much I love fall.






And this wasn't always the case.

{pumpkins and gourds are from Raleigh farmer's market.}


I used to be a summer time girl.  And I still am..but I prefer fall now.  It's funner (yeah, that's totally a word) to decorate for fall, better to cook yummy fall soups, pumpkin bread, and pies in for fall, you get to wear cute scarves and tall boots...





love
autumn.


Please tell me you feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you hubby is ok. And I love that quote about prayer... Need to remember that!

    P.S. You've been nominated! Go check out andrea-loveis.blogspot.com, now! = )

    ReplyDelete